Does the net force change over time for a proton that is moving through an electric and magnetic field?

Specifically perpendicular field. The electric field is going down and the proton is moving at a velocity through the magnetic field which is coming out of the page. So would the net force change over time? Why or why not? :/ Can someone please help me? I'm leaning towards that it doesn't because the... show more Specifically perpendicular field. The electric field is going down and the proton is moving at a velocity through the magnetic field which is coming out of the page. So would the net force change over time? Why or why not? :/

Can someone please help me? I'm leaning towards that it doesn't because the different forces will only gain what is lost as the other energy (Ex. Potential into Kinetic)
1 answer 1