promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 9 years ago

What is General Electives?

On my school schedule I hace something called General Electives, just wondering what it was. Is it like Prime Time or something?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Fred T
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

General electives simply means electives that aren't related specifically to your major but are needed as a general requirement for the courses you need in order to graduate. General electives allow you to broaden your perspective and knowledge outside your specialized focus in your curriculum, so you should choose courses that have an intrinsic appeal to you. I think "prime time" is unrelated to general electives, except maybe in the sense of being mainstream: Prime time would be when most viewers would be watching TV (but TV viewers don't interact with one another which is a problem of TV), while general electives would involve students from all areas and majors, and you would be more likely to meet and interact with students outside your major or concentration of study in your general elective classes.

Source(s): Part-time and full-time college student for 30 years.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

A non-industry optionally available possibly a category that might observe to industry however is not aspect of the desired industry curricula. Perhaps that might be taking a Microsoft Excel direction. A commonplace optionally available is some thing like health club, absolutely unrelated to a industry measure, however so as to fill a demand so you'll get your BA or MBA and get out of university.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.