Happy 68th Birthday Mick Jagger! Which are your favorite tracks and albums by The Rolling Stones?

Sir Michael Philip "Mick" Jagger is an English musician, singer-songwriter, actor and producer, best known as the lead vocalist of rock band The Rolling Stones. Jagger has also acted in and produced several films.

Jagger's career has spanned over 50 years. His performance style has been said to have "opened up definitions of gendered masculinity and so laid the foundations for self-invention and sexual plasticity which are now an integral part of contemporary youth culture". In 2006, he was ranked by Hit Parader as the fifteenth greatest heavy metal singer of all time, despite not being associated with the genre. Allmusic has described Jagger as "one of the most popular and influential frontmen in the history of rock & roll". His distinctive voice and performance, along with Keith Richards' guitar style, have been the trademark of The Rolling Stones throughout their career.

MQ: Which are your favorites by Mick and the Stones?

Being Tuesday, I'll start with "Ruby Tuesday"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DVCgKsqn30

Youtube thumbnail

MQ2: What is your Rolling Stones iconic image? Here's their most iconic..

http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgmr638+tongue-logo-ro...

MQ3: Thought/fact about Mick Jagger?

BQ: Who is your favorite "senior rocker"? Mine, 65 year old, Neil Young.

BQ2: Where will you be at 68?

Enjoy your day!

KP :))

hmm, or should I say kp clone/troll.

• David
    Favorite Answer

I've been a huge fan of the Stones for approximately 3 decades now, and I love dozens and dozens of their songs. Some random songs I'm particularly fond of, though:

MQ: "Gimme Shelter", "Street Fighting Man", "Play With Fire", "Monkey Man", "Angie", "She Said Yeah", "Lady Jane", "Jumping Jack Flash", "Paint It Black", "Coming Down Again"... I could go on but that's a start.

MQ2: I like the promotional photo shoot for "Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow", in which they're dressed in drag: http://images.45cat.com/the-rolling-stones-have-yo...

MQ3: Is in far better shape and has far more energy than most people less than half his age.

BQ: Probably a tie between surviving members of the Stones and Iggy Pop, though there are lots of others.

BQ2: Your guess is as good as mine.

Happy Birthday Mick Jagger

There are WAY to many great tracks to mention! There are a lot of albums, too. "Some Girls" and "Aftermath" are my choices as best, but there are a lot of others, too.

At 68, Jagger has a body a 30 year old would want. Keith Richard is my favorite old timer. I hope I'm dead by 68.

Sympathy for the Devil. Just though I'd mention it, to go with the fabulous "Ruby Tuesday".

• в.נ.

Happy birthday to a living legend.

Main Question:

Favorite songs: Start Me Up, Satisfaction, Sympathy for the Devil, Angie, I'm Free

Main Question 2:

The one with the tongue. Can't post a picture right now from my iPad.

Main Question 3:

I love the Rolling Stones and they are one of my favorite bands!

BQ ~ Mick Jagger, David Gilmour, Robert Plant, Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney.

BQ2 ~ Right here.

Enjoy your day! :D :D

• Mack

Happy birthday to a living legend.

Main Question:

Favorite songs:

Start Me Up,

Satisfaction

Sympathy for the Devil

Angie

I'm Free

All the rest

Main Question 2

:

The one with the tongue

Main Question 3:

I love the Stones

BQ

Neil Young

Eric Clapton

Mick Jagger

David Gilmour

Robert Plant

BB King

BQ

Who Knows

My favorite album is probably Exile On Main St.

MQ: Favorite songs are:

Ventilator Blues

Start Me Up

Street Fighting Man

Get Off Of My Cloud

I'm Free

Sympathy For the Devil

MQ2: I like the lips the best too

MQ3: Awesome singer

BQ: Mick Jagger

BQ2: I have no idea actually

Favorite albums are Let it Bleed, Exile, Sticky Fingers, Beggars Banquet, Some Girls. Favorite tracks are JJ Flash, Midnight Rambler, Fingerprint File Gimme Shelter, Live with Me, Sympathy. Really I love all of them. The Stones are the best of all time.

MQ: Love In Vain :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV6hqtD4rwc

Youtube thumbnail

Love in Vain was the song that made me fall in love with the Stones. An old blues song written and artfully done by Robert Johnson. :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BkPm8JIJJQ

Youtube thumbnail

Supposedly Johnson sold his soul to the devil down at the crossroads to become a famous blues musician.

MQ2: http://www.flickr.com/photos/be-ond/3405821675/

Just a picture of the Stones in their early days.

MQ3: While the Beatles experimented with Indian spirituality, the Stones began charting darker, deeper waters. The slightly sinister, dangerous edge to their music became pronounced with the 1966 release of their beautifully morbid song, 'Paint It Black'. Songwriting partnership Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were becoming interested in the infernal works of authors such as Dante and the Marquis de Sade, and consulting the occultic manuals of nineteenth century sorcerer Eliphas Levi. Allen Ginsberg, poet of the psychedelic revolution, almost managed to convince Jagger to record a musical version of William Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience.

Lucifer Rising by Gavin Baddeley p.45

BQ: Lita Ford born September 19, 1958 :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lita_Ford

She's 52 and born the same year as Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince and me.

BQ2: At 68 I think I'll be sitting in a rocking chair listening to Slayer, Megadeth and Metallica reminiscing on the good old days.

Hope you enjoy your day also!

MQ: Gimme shelter

MQ2: The tongue definently.

MQ3: Always had more of a fondness for Keith Richards to be honest

BQ: Not sure if you'd consider him a rocker but 68 year old Roger Waters

BQ2: Older

Good wiki rip.

Now:

MQA: She's a rainbow.

I love their Hot Rocks compilations and the Black and Blue album. Let it Bleed is good as well.

MQA2: There's one of Jagger and Richards singing at the same microphone. Can't be arsed to look it up.

MQA3: There's some gossip about him and David Bowie that always comes up.

BQA: Neil, too.

BQA2: Hopefully I'll just be around!

Thanks1 You too!