Severe back pain before period starts. ?

I have severe back pain 2 to 3 days before my period starts. I have tried over the counter meds and they do nothing. Once my period starts the pain is gone. My gynecologist says my dr has to prescribe me pain meds but I am afraid to ask. I don't want him to think I just want drugs. My husband works away so it's just me here most of the time with 2 young kids and I need to be able to function. Any suggestions?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Donnao
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Why doesn't your gyno just prescribe the meds? I have the opposite problem. I get horrible back pain during and after my period.

Source(s): Just go to your doctor and talk about what your gyno said.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

• Kat
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Try taking 2 Tylenol and 1 Ibuprofen together with food for the pain. Many women complain about back pain become their period. The uterus swells with blood and tips slightly backwards. You should discuss this with your doctor, asking for medication doesn't make you addicted to drugs. You might want to try a heating pad. Make sure you have a moist pad between your skin and the pad. Try Taking walks with the children might help a lot. Do not do any exercises suggested on this site as they do not have pictures attached to them. Pictures help us correctly do the exercises. You might get injured or experience more pain.

Source(s): Nursing Degree
  • 9 years ago

When your body is getting ready to ovulate it tightens up the muscles a bit. This usually isn't a problem but if you already would happen to have tight muscles in your back it will send them into pain. To fight this you have to free up your back muscles so when your body is going through that change it won't affect your back muscles and here's how to free them up:

Back:

(do while sitting)

Place your left hand on your left leg next to your body. Place your right hand over your left shoulder, fingers over the back and the palm in the front and firmly pull down on them and hold. After 30 seconds slowly lower your body forward and to the outside of your left leg, keeping your left arm fairly straight as you do. When you reach your lap remain there for another 10 seconds, release the pressure but rest there for another 30 seconds. Then reverse your hand positions and do your right side.

For best results relax your body first by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Fix Forward Head Posture Now!

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Did you tested Back Pain Relief 4 Life technique? Look on this website : http://www.BackPainInstantRelief.com/ . This will absolutely save yourself!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

lol... its nothing serious... it happens ... im 20 and ive been getting those from the first time i got my period.

• 9 years ago

Pray to jebus

:D

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.