Is it possible for a gay guy to fall in love with a girl?

I was 101% sure all my life so far that i was gay.. I've always thought of girls just as friends, girls never were in my sexual imagination or anything.. not in my life..

But.. i have a girl best friend for 5 years now.. and i accidentally saw her naked (i've seen many women naked before; she's not even some big-breasted model-like girl), but after this i can't get her out of my mind. I want to be with her all the time, calling her all the time, i feel jealous when she's out with an other guy, and i want to make her happy.. Isn't this love? I feel weird, i am 24years old and ive always been with guys since i don't know..middle school, i can't tell whats happening to me.

• leia
    Best Answer

i'd tell her asap because she probably trusts you because you're gay. she thinks you don't feel for her that way so she can get naked in front of you etc. sexuality is fluid. no one is born straight, bi, gay whatever. you just happened to fall for guys your whole life, but that doesnt mean you might one day fall for a girl. if you like her, tell her. especially if ya'll are best friends.

• Jean

I've been on a mailing list for wives of gay husbands (the wife not knowing that her husband was gay when she married him). The stories are generally pretty similar... the guy liked the girl, thought that maybe he could be straight for her, etc, maybe even didn't mind sex (hey, if your own hand can feel good, so can a pussy)... but pretty soon, he became more distant, they had sex less often, the wife starting doubting her own attractiveness, her own ability to be a good wife... then some day she finds out he's gay, either because she catches him cheating, or because of tons of gay porn on the computer, or because he breaks down and tells her. This happens after years of being unhappily married... for some after a couple of years, for others after four decades. Lots of depression and anxiety and all that that could have been avoided if only the guys had realized that they could not be straight, no matter how hard they tried. So, if he's gay, and not bi, then please do yourself a favor and find some straight guy to date, because even if you can lure him into dating you, it might be fine for a little while but it won't work out in the end, and everyone is going to be worse off. I do agree that people aren't usually 100% straight or gay, so to some degree everyone is bi, but as someone on the wives of gay men list said, her ex husband enjoys sex with women, but doesn't miss it when he doesn't have it, whereas when he doesn't have sex with men, he craves for it. So if he's bi but mostly into men, it's better to just let him find a man. There are plenty of other men out there for you to date who are mostly attracted to women.

If you're sitting there with a ***** for her when you are talking to her, then you are bisexual when certain rare girls come along. Male homosexuality is just a very deep rooted inferiority complex about your ability to play the masculine role in life when compared to society at large. It is possible to slowly get over the deep rooted inferiority complex about your masculine abilities as you go through life and work more and more things out - learning that you aren't really such a sissy after all as you get older - and infact that people in your past were wrong about you not being all that good at masculine activities and behavior. However, the best most formerly 100% gay guys can do is to become a bisexual. just because you have a ***** for a woman doesn't mean that you can ever make your homosexual thoughts go away because of how deep rooted they are. You owe it to tell her that you have suddenly realized that in certain situations that you are in fact a bisexual. That way, she knows who she is dealing with. She will probably be ok with the fact that you have developed into a bisexual; however, if she doesn't want to have a sexual dating type relationship with you, she will take more care to stay covered up when she is with you and not give you full body hugs, etc anymore. If she wants to date you, then that could happen as well - but don't try to date her and sneak around with guys. What will end up happenning is that you will wind up married with kids, and sneaking around having sex with men too - which will make your life into a disaster. You could become a serial monogomous type guy - just only date or be in a relationship with one person at a time - male or female. That gives you the option to explore relationships with women or men - but keeps you from being the asshole that hurts and uses other people.

• Phil

i have always told straight guys that it isn't till mid-twenties that some guys really find out their true sexuality.

So you hold right within that pattern that you may very well be a straight guy.

What you have to do is separate out in your life what truly makes you comfortable. Just one girl is not a good sampling to make such a big shift. Have you spent the entire night in bed with a guy and held him tight? If not ..it is about time you did. Further you should do the same with a woman to see which makes you feel more comfortable.

It may be you are equally comfortable with either one. In that case you are bi.

I'm against bi guys dating and marrying women without first making it clear to the women that you are bi. This is important as your bi side may start creeping out from under the rug and your future partner may have to cope with that.

• AK-47

It's possible for anyone to love anyone; I guess don't think of the gay guy label too much. You can't help who you're attracted to. You may be straight all along or you may be bi or this may be the one exception, but it doesn't matter nonetheless. Just let it be and go talk to this girl !

Well sometimes I do see guys who seem very gay, and yet they are married to masculine looking women. These women are quite ugly and can't believe their luck I think. But the guys seem happy enough with them...i suppose they do love these women in a way.

Yes it's normal to feel that way and maybe now you are bisexual or turning straight. That's ok though, but I do think you should tell her or she will get upset in the long wrong.

Source(s): That's just my opinion.

Your story is like a soap plot!

You're interested in a woman now and that's perfectly normal :)

Honestly, I think you are just obsessed about the guy. You are gay and you know it so stop trying to lie to yourself and others. Gays are Gays for a reason and that is why you will never be "in love" with that woman.

I think that people can fall in love with anyone whether it a guy or a girl, black or white, or anything :)