im always 'wet' down there...?

im 16 and for a while now i've been constantly wet down there...half the time im not even turned on by anything. its always very uncomfortable especially when im in public and im worried people will notice...its so bad my pants are forever soaked through and im always rushing off to the toilet to wipe 'down there' to avoid leaking. i've tried panty liners but after only an hour or so they are so wet i need to change them! its getting unbarable, so anyone have any ideas about why its doing it and an easy way to stop it preferably without a visit to the doctor? help is much appreciated! :)x

• Anne M
    Best Answer

It is normal to have a clear, mucousy discharge but what you describe sounds a little excessive. I would suggest you visit your local Dr or women's health clinic.

• Tamara

Two things will make you wet "down there"... both are normal and healthy, they both have a scent, they're *supposed* to happen, and there's nothing you can do to stop either of them. 1) Your genitals keep themselves clean and healthy by sort of "rinsing" themselves with the fluids that they make (this will happen constantly beginning in early puberty, 24/7 for the rest of your life, but you won't always notice it)... sometimes there's quite a bit of fluid and it can leak out a *lot*, so wearing panty liners or even light pads can be a good thing to help keep your clothes clean. 2) When your body is aroused sexually ("turned on" or "horny", even if you're not doing or thinking anything sexual) your genitals will get wetter and slipperier... sometimes very, *very* wet... so that a penis can slide in there comfortably if you have sex like it's telling you it wants (you don't have to, of course). I'm a cook, so the only things I can really compare the healthy scent of a vagina/vulva to are foods and such... and the nearest I can think of is a fairly mild combination of fresh oysters and grated truffles (the savory mushrooms, not the sweet chocolates) - musky and usually more on the sea-like side, but not "fishy" and certainly not unpleasant. It often smells stronger when you're sexually aroused or when you're sweaty after exercise or have spent most of a day in tight pants or clinging underwear, but not always... and it tastes much like it smells, but it's a little bit salty and less sweet than the scent suggests. (Don't be afraid to taste: it can give you info that your eyes and nose - even your *doctor* - can't provide you with, in addition to the fact that it's probable your boyfriend(s) and/or husband(s) are gonna do that anyhow if they have any brains... and it's sure not gonna hurt *them*.) If this "discharge" is clear or slightly milky (might be tinted faintly yellow or brown), slippery to maybe a little sticky or stretchy, and smells "earthy, animal and a little like the ocean", it's almost certainly healthy and good. If it smells truly fishy or otherwise bad, especially if it itches or feels irritated, then it's probably an infection and you should see a doc.

Have you started your period? I did that really bad for a year or two after starting. It was embarrassing because I was afraid it looked like I peed on myself. However, it wasn't really noticeable unless you were kind of standing under me and hard core staring at my crotch. Just keep on using panty liners or maybe a slightly thicker pad. Also, in dark jeans, it is harder to tell if they are wet or not. If someone asks about it just tell them you sat in something wet. Nobody will really notice or care.

Oh don't worry it's just discharge it's really normal.

Just use plenty of panty liners and baby wipes help, they make you feel more fresh!

Hope I helped! Good Luck!

Honestly I'd go see a female doctor. You might just have an infection. In the meantime try wearing longer/thicker sanitary towels.

Its probably just discharge...its really gross but i get it all the time...there is nothing you can really do about it but wear panty liners...if tht isnt enough then maybe you could wear a thicker one or maybe a pad

Source(s): Me

Your vagina is functioning normally, just use panty liners like all the rest of the girls do!

Are you sure you're just not releasing a little bit of pee? They sell poise pads that are more absorbent than liners but are still not noticeable

think you always feel horny so better try to control that!!!!!

nice