18 weeks pregnant, back pain relief?

Ok, so im 18 weeks along and right now im having really unfomfortable back pain, i've tried streching, and even cracking my back, but nothing is working, any advice or is this something i just gotta deal with? This is my first pregnancy, yest im 17, but please dont judge, im just asking an innocent question here.

Favorite Answer

Warm bath can work wonders key word warm not hot ok? and a back massage works as well so tell your boyfriend/hubby to give you one if that doesn't help try taking Tylenol. I'm farther along than you, at this point nothing helps but Tylenol but at first that worked for me. Also always keep your posture don't hunch over it makes it worse and at night sleep on your side with a pillow between your legs.

And you shouldn't put your age it really makes no difference as you said it's just a question your age hun is irrelevant.

Source(s): 34wks 6d

Honestly, the only thing that gave my back relief during pregnancy was 2 extra strength Tylenol and a heating pad. I remember the pain was sciatic type pain that went into my butt cheek and down my leg(s)...UGH, it was horrible! The heating pad gave me some good relief. Also, talk to your doctor about what other medications could be safe to use at your stage of pregnancy. Since you are in your second trimester, some medications could be okay to use now, unlike the first trimester. Just an FYI...if your back pain becomes severe, please contact your doctor immediately or go to the E.R. Depending upon the severity of the pain, it could be something that would need immediate attention (think kidney infection, etc).

I hope you're able to find some relief. I know when your back hurts, you pretty much hurt all over. Good luck and take care!

I would alternate a heating pad with a pack of ice. Speeds healing. Take some Tylenol (approved for pregnancy by most docs). Be sure not to give yourself frostbite with the cold pack! I don't know anything about biofreeze. Most cremes are absorbed by the skin (and get in the blood stream), but a small amount is likely not a problem.

Agreed with .stepha.

Have you tried salonpas? They work absolute wonders a hundred times better than icyhot. I don't think those work at all. You get the salonpas patches in the same isle as the icyhot though. I've used them through my entire pregnancy. Because the back pain only is going to get worse.

Have you already tried using Back Pain Relief 4 Life technique? Try on this website : http://www.BackPainInstantRelief.com/ . This will absolutely save yourself!

1

get those icy-hot heat patches for your back.

they are free of any medication and work wonders.

also you could try having someone massage it or just lay down and rest for a bit.

Get one of those awesome message chairs

Source(s): Me

get a massage from your baby daddy i know i would