Higher anxiety when starting zoloft?only ZOLOFT USERS PLEASE!?

im on day 5 of zoloft 25 mgs for anxiety/panic disorder,and all in all i been ok... but the past 2 days seems like my anxiety is higher then normal. i had to take a .25 xanax to calm myself down yesterday and today cause i just couldnt get out of it myself with the stuff i learned in therapy. is it normal to have... show more im on day 5 of zoloft 25 mgs for anxiety/panic disorder,and all in all i been ok... but the past 2 days seems like my anxiety is higher then normal. i had to take a .25 xanax to calm myself down yesterday and today cause i just couldnt get out of it myself with the stuff i learned in therapy.
is it normal to have higher anxiety when starting zoloft? maybe like a side effect?

i have talked to a few drs and they all agree that meds and therapy will help me, if you not a dr, then please dont leave negative comments about this. i already have enough stress dont need you to add to it!
Update: thank you for you answers. i know the meds take weeks for it to kick in, i was just wondering if higher anxiety was a side effect of starting the meds. i have xanax to take the edge off when it gets to bad and i only took .25 during the day yesterday and today(even though i try not to take it at all during the day... show more thank you for you answers. i know the meds take weeks for it to kick in, i was just wondering if higher anxiety was a side effect of starting the meds. i have xanax to take the edge off when it gets to bad and i only took .25 during the day yesterday and today(even though i try not to take it at all during the day i want to be strong and get through it myself), and i take it at night to help me sleep.

im glad to hear it helps you. i hate reading all the horror stories online