How to tell my best friend I've converted to Islam?

I was raised in a Modern Orthodox Jewish Family, and he was as well. We have been great friends, but I converted to Islam several months ago and I know he will not react well when I tell him. What is the best way to explain to him that I have left Judaism and am now a practising Muslim?

Best Answer

Say, 'Hey, funny story. I'm a Muslim.'

If hes a good friend, he'd understand. Most people who know the real Islam, which Mashaallah you do, can explain that they found the light, and most people understand.

If you have more questions, feel free to email me at truemuslimsm@yahoo.com

Salam

Peace

Just Tell Him The Next Time He Wants to Do Something Jewish

And then you will be like "sorry that's against my religion" and I think you can figure it out from there

you could slowly start showing him things you like about islam and then tell him. try to make him understand what islam is before telling him. if he has a very different view about islam he might not react well. if he know where you stand about islam he will be more understanding.

Source(s): mee:)

AsSalaamalaikum congratulation and just tell him there is no compulsion in Islam. If he is a good friend he will understand and you can also explain about Islam to him. Live in peace and let live in peace. Islam is a way of life where peace is the fundamental and foundation of salvation and submission to Allah Taala.

Go with reform Judaism, It's more liberal and more make sense plus you are still Jewish, and you wont hurt your friends.

• QUILL

Follow the script:

[YOU] My friend. I have had an epiphany, and am converted to Islam.

[Friend} Thank you for telling me. Would you come to my home for dinner?

End of story. If he is your friend he deserves your honesty if you are to deserve his friendship.

BTW - do not make him a present of a BLT!

Well, at least it's better than "judaism". Have you ever read the "jewish" talmud? It's their "holy book", and it contains passages like:

"Jews" are allowed to marry a child as long as that child is at least three years AND ONE DAY old.

Up to now - through watching only "jewish' networks (that's all we have in America) - I believed only the muslims were like this but, thanks to the articles I've been reading at http://deanberryministries.us, I now know otherwise.

Thanks DBM.

Source(s): I just told you! http://deanberryministries.us Be man enough to visit DBM.

YOU MUST BE A STUPID LYING TROLL! NO one in their RIGHT mind would ever jump out of the frying pan INTO the FIRE! Stop wanting to join different clubs! Just be a child of the universe and stop w/all the STUPID labels will you!

That's ALL we need to be and do! Religion builds walls in fences to keep ppl OUT and creates wars AND UGLINESS.

I swear the day will come when stupid ppl parish and us decent simple ppl w/out a tag of tremendous ignorance will have a place of peace and tranquility. Believe me,many ppl are very angry and are becoming so depressed about this Muslim crap,that one day it will finally diminish!

I just now saw a Q about why ppl get their Q deleted asking a mus slim Q not in the mos slim category or ask to them! It's true,and it's because of them being hypocrites as well as lairs! If you want to be frowned upon and hated for that awful label,you are asking for it.

Source(s): Like a moth to a flashlight! False n fake* it don't get any worse!!!!!!I have this in my files<>
  • Ask him if he's ever seen the film "The Fox and the Hound", then ask him if he likes ironic humour.

Tell him like most Muslims tell their Jewish friends things.

Oh wait....