Child endangerment in Arkansas?

Suppose an x-husband lets a 13 year old son get on top of a roof to help fix some missing shingles-the son gets paid $20 dollars for about 5 days of work. Is this considered child endangerment.?

I just found out about the incident yesterday. The dad will not allow the son to operate a microwave in his home but then allowed him to get on the roof?

If this were an employer, it would be illegal to hire a 16 or 17 year old for roofing. The state of Arkansas. prohibits hazardous jobs for minors-even pushing a lawn mower.

I am not sure who to call to plead my concerns.

Guess I failed to mention-an x-husband (mental outpatient) one who thinks it is ok to kill a hawk (Golden Eagle) that is on the endangered species list and owns a collection of guns. I did not think a mental hospital outpatient was allowed to buy nor own a firearm.

Really, is he taking his medication?

Favorite Answer

No...that wouldn't be considered child endangerment.

Child endangerment would be more like cooking illegal drugs in the presence of the child where the chemicals caused serious health or disfigurement issues.

Source(s): Police Officer +30 years
  • Bruce

What you are describing would not be considered employment. Dad and son worked on a project together, and dad gave son some money in appreciation.

It is not endangerment either. Simply being on a roof under your father's supervision is not dangerous.

Source(s): Law enforcement since 1991

grasping for straws ? anyhow everyone lives in danger... moms are so protective and sensitive......... the child didnt get hurt right ? doesnt say the boy got hurt at all so whats the fuss.......... what if he went skateboarding and fell off it and got hurt? share all children pray for all children pray for all parents and peace out JESUS.... dont you think all divorces are the worst child trauma? ur just being a compassionate loving mom unless theres a custody issue here .... if the child got hurt you gotta reason to scream at the x husband ....