Ghee.....Veg or Non veg .....why?

Cow's ghee

Update:

NANDI...I did not steal.

Just jumped out of my silly mind.

Update 2:

Sacred heart...my question has nothing to do

with religion or non veg members.

All I wish is an answer sharp to the point.

Your answers adds to the beauty of my site.

All...please..try to hit the hammer on the head of the nail.

Update 3:

Sorry...read as....Sacred Ganges

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Buzzzbe, Non-veg are those items which contains flesh,fiber or blood, Ghee does not contain any of these so it is very much veg item, bust for just argument one may say milk comes oust from cow or buffalo and ghee is made from it so it should be placed in non-veg list. But so many things come out from living things, they are not non-veg, i.e. gums come out from tree, cotton cloth are made from cotton plant but they are not non-veg so is the case with Ghee.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

PURE VEG . !

Ghee made from cow's milk

Ghee is made by simmering unsalted butter in a cooking vessel until all water has boiled off, the milk solids (or protein) have settled to the bottom, and a froth has floated on top. After removing the froth, the cooked and clarified butter is then spooned off or tipped out carefully to avoid disturbing the milk solids on the bottom of the pan. Ghee can be stored for extended periods without refrigeration, provided that it is kept in an airtight container to prevent oxidation and remains moisture-free. The texture, color, or taste of ghee depends on the source of the milk from which the butter was made and the extent of boiling and simmering.

• mark
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

There is no consensus on weather dairy is officially included or excluded from the term vegetarian. I have searched at no fewer than 20 different sites and have found vast differences in what counts and what does not. Leave it to say that ghee is made from butter (which is from cows milk/cream).

• 4 years ago

Vegetarians don't eat anything from dead animals. Cheese made with non-animal rennet is vegetarian. Yoghurt and sour cream made without gelatine are vegetarian.

However, cheese such as Parmesan (the European protected brand version) is always made in a way that uses animal by-products, so is never vegetarian.

Vegans don't eat any animal products, so there are no real cheeses that are suitable. Animal milk is also out, though soy and almond milk are okay.

Non-Veg

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I use both Desi Ghee and the Veg based one, it is a matter of opinion, not a mantra issue.

• Winner
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

If you treat milk a veg naturally ghee to veg. A child is drinking mother's milk, is it veg or non-veg? A cow is like a mother. so, we hindus do abhishekams to god and goddesses. you are ignoring my answers whereas i am interested in your questions. why this? may be you like non-veg members.

• 8 years ago

Ghee is vegetarian. In fact it is milk that is derived from the Cow without any harm to the animal or living creature, and is considered as vegetarian.

Plants and animals are complimentary to the life on earth. The outcome of each is food of the other. animals excreta the best fertilizer to the plants - movable and immovable - keeping the balance of life on earth. More trees would provide more oxygen and other contents required by animals, which makes him more healthy and calm mind (without tension of day to day life).

Source(s): Many of the knowledge - in fact the 'Knowledge' itself is that are felt in body and mind - with experience and practice - like the heat of the fire or the state of mind in happiness and sorrow - which is not able to explain in words to others, but each of us should practise and experience - Prof. Marthanda Varma
  • 8 years ago

any thing produced by the vegetarian animals is veg.cow is the real vegetarian.but depends how you prepare it. i personally prepare the yogurt from cow,s milk and get the butter and prepare the GHEE by heating it on medium heat .so i personally never use any thing to make the GHEE. so it is 100% pure for me.BUT if you buy the ghee from the shop then i can not guarantee. thanks.

even we use the cow ,s urine(gomootra) in many diseases and GOVER also to prepare our (yagyashala) the place of worship or HAVANA.also in our kitchens because it is antiseptic. thanks.

• 8 years ago

Dairy is not vegetarian, it is from an animal not a plant. Ghee, or clarified butter is not vegetarian.

Vegetarians do not consume dairy, lacto vegetarians consume dairy.

• Vijaya
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Ghee is veg

You have not killed any animal or embryo to make the ghee!!!

Ghee is amrit (pure and holy thing) used in Puja and devabhishek

Ghee was one of the five amrits obtained in Sagar manthon.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.