New nose piercing sinking into my nose? Reasons?

So I just recently got my nose pierced (about 5 days ago) by a really good piercer. He used a piercing needle, and did a really great job with sterilization, prepping, piercing, aftercare, etc.

I have really been staying on top of cleaning my piercing. Its become routine to clean it three times a day with antibacterial soap and warm water (as intructed). But lately my piercing seems to be sinking into my nose a little bit. Not to the point where I can't see it, but enough to where I can tell its sinking.

I've googled this, and have read that it can be due to swelling of the nose. I have been pushing it out to really clean it, and sometimes randomly through the day to help the hole. Now, I push it out way more often because I'm afraid if I leave it "sunken" some in my nose, it won't heal properly.

Any suggestions on why this is occuring and what I should do? Thanks :)

Oh, and there is no pain, barely any redness. I don't see any signs of infection, just some occasional crusting. No bleeding.

Favorite Answer

So this exact same thing happened to me last week lol. There is a good chance that it could be just swelling, and if that is the case continue to clean it and just wait for the swelling to go back down. The reason mine had been sinking was because the jewel on the stud was smaller than the needle that the piercer used. I went to a tattoo shop and had him change it to a bigger stud, and I haven't had a problem with it since. You could try that or you could also call a local tattoo shop and ask them for their advice, because I know they would love to help. I would do something soon though, because you don't want it to fall out and close up. Good luck!

Source(s): Happened to me too.
  • kennie

Nose Piercing Sinking Into Nose

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awsRF

Never ever ever get your cartilage pierced with a gun, especially your nose. Go into a professional piercing place where they use needles and ask them to please help you. You need a real nose piercing in your nose, and you need something that is longer because your nose has swollen a bit. If you had gotten it done by someone who knows what they are doing, and it still swelled like this, it would all be free. But you do need longer jewelry in there otherwise you will end up with an infected and potentially very scarred nose piercing. My nose piercing swelled to the point of where the jewelry was sinking in, and as soon as they switched it, it was all better. But the reason you need to go into a place where they use needles is because the piercer will need to take your jewelery out by inserting a needle in at the same time. That way they can attach the new jewelry on and just slide it through and your nose won't have time to close over or get all irritated by having something in it, then nothing, then something. But it needs to be done asap, or else you will have further complications. It is normal for it to be sinking into the hole, but like I said, it NEEDS to be switched out for longer jewelry.

I just got my nose pierced on Saturday February 20. It's red and swollen and the stud is sinking into my nose. I want to remove it, but what should I do? I went to an India shop where everyone there has a piercing. Please someone tell what to do.

Hi the exact same thing happened to me, I was cleaning it properly twice a day with warm water and sea salt.

One morning I pushed it up with the q-tip to clean the top and I gently pushed it back into the normal position and the stud sunk into my nose, I eventually managed to get it back out. That day I went to the piercing studio where I got it done. This is normal, if there is swelling your piercer should changed the bar and stud to a longer and bigger one. He looked at mine and there was no swelling so he changed it to a bigger stud.

It has been fine ever since, I have been more careful when cleaning it. Hope this helps

This is normal but please stop touching your piercing. Your just making it worse by touching it and moving it. Just keep cleaning it like you usually do and after a few days the swelling will go down.

Source(s): I have my nose pierced.

the same thing happened to me and i was pretty paranoid... i just waited a little longer and the "sinking" went away :)