Help me understand homosexuality?

My questions are sincere, and I am only seeking an understanding of the homosexual orientation.

Do you feel like you were born in the wrong body?

Why do a significantly large number of homosexual men decide to dress like women? Is it about a depravity you feel you've been handed because of incorrect gender? "Tomboys" are so prevalent these days that I need not concern my questions with that.

I do not understand your sexual expression of love. Sure some heterosexual couples engage in oral and anal sex, but are not your sexual organs ultimately for reproduction? This ties into my question of whether you feel you are of the wrong gender.

I understand that porn can create a fixation in people for the desire of specific acts, a corruption of the mind. Can a desire for the same gender be induced by porn?

I would assume that most homosexual persons desire to have and raise children just like any other heterosexual, but I find it very confusing that your sexual orientation, the desire to be with the same sex, denies yourselves of that freedom. Sure there is adoption and a few other alternatives, but it's again confusing because you still produce sperm and eggs, like you still have that "standard" ability to reproduce.

Another confusing thing is that just like all people, you still desire to be pleasured by the stimulation of your sexual organs. It seems that penises and vaginas were meant to interact in that manner and specifically for that purpose. Just because the same or similar pleasures can be achieved orally, anal, or by self stimulation does not discount or lessen this seemingly main purpose pleasure and procreation, no matter what condoms, medicines, and devices do.

These are some of the reasons I find homosexuality confusing, and feel like there is some corruption of nature.

I attempted to make these questions as completely thought out concerning my confusions of this.

Answers from actual homosexuals would be greatly appreciated. Help me understand you.

• Max
    Best Answer

If you're born in the wrong body you're a transsexual. If you dress like a woman and you're a man then you're a cross dresser. If you're gay or bi and you have sex with another man you can have oral or anal or kissing, cuddling a lot like straight sex in some ways.

There are numerous theories about the origins of a person's sexual orientation. Most scientists today agree that sexual orientation is most likely the result of a complex interaction of environmental, cognitive and biological factors. In most people, sexual orientation is shaped at an early age. There is also considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality.

It's important to recognize that there are probably many reasons for a person's sexual orientation, and the reasons may be different for different people.

I suppose I can understand your confusion, but Im not sure if your asking questions or looking for support. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and go with the former.

Q.1 No, I am a man attracted to men. I have no desire to be with women. I have no desire to be a woman.

Q.2 Not necesarily, everybody is different. Some decide to just cross dress. Others feel as though they were born in the wrong body.

Q.3 No, sexual organs are not entirley for reproduction. Only 2 mamals know the pleasure of sex. Humans and dolphins. Other mamals understand sexual intercorse for pleasure yet never indulge. They are soley for reproduction. Have you never seen porn? Even hetero sex isnt for procreation most of the time. Every male enjoys prostate stimulation (whether they would ever admit it or not) its not a matter of sexual orientation.

Q.4 No, we are born this way. It is not induced by gay porn. Its based on an emotional or sexual attraction or both. Its part of us since birth, whether or not we realize it.

Q.5 Not entirely true. Are there not straight men and women who want children yet cannot have them.

Q.6 Refer to Q.3 really just the same question.

Source(s): Gay and proud

Transgendered people are the ones that "feel they've been born in the wrong body."

As for men that like to dress in drag, why is that more strange than a "tomboy" to you? A woman in pants is perfectly normal, but a man in a dress is obscene? Why? That attitude in itself proves that much of what we feel about sex and gender is socialized, not biological. Which comes to your reproduction argument. Most sex people have is not to reproduce, human beings are not viruses whose sole purpose is can expand by procreation. Sex encompasses so many emotional, social, physical, and, some people even believe spiritual, factors, that it is grossly simplistic to reduce it down to means of reproduction for the sake of your argument. Straight people have oral and anal sex all the time by the way, why would they do that if p-in-v sex is the "natural" way to go? Why do some straight couples continue to have sex even if they don't want children? Because sex is, as you said, "an expression of love." A desire that simply goes beyond reproduction.

The desire and preference for homosexual acts have been around since the beginning of sex, so it isn't unnatural in any way. Porn has nothing to do with it, I liked girls (just in the same way I liked boys) before I even had a full understanding of sex, or had seen anything pornographic.

By the way, your question doesn't seem disrespectful at all to me, so that's why I actually tried to answer intelligently. You seem very ignorant of this whole subject, so you got a negative reaction here... but at least you asked nicely, ya know? lol

Heres your problem, you try to understand the philosophy behind being gay, when there isn't one. It's not some moral decision, it's not even a thought process, it just is. Attractions are there for the same sex rather than opposite, and attraction, at least on some scale is the basis for a relationship. Gay people can be in the closet for years, being with a woman, but it's been pretty much proven that gay people have their quality of life damaged if they don't act on their NATURAL desires.

And it is natural, animals, dolphins especially, have gay sex. It's not dominance either. After mating, dolphins will make and continue a "friendship" with a same sex dolphin and do acts that resemble sex, rubbing the nose on sensitive body parts. This doesn't lead to reproduction, but is it a perversion of nature? I definitely don't think so, it's in their nature to behave this way.

Also, there are biological links to being gay. So there is no thought process in it, no "is this against nature" because it is in their nature to have those attractions, see?

Nature doesn't go by right or wrong, or there wouldn't be deaf people just because they have ears and ears are for hearing, or there wouldn't be blind people because blind people have eyes, or there wouldnt be people with synesthesia (google it) because you're not supposed to taste sounds or hear them, nature isn't black or white. There is a lot of room for variation.

Also, no, being gay isn't wanting to be a woman, you need to do research before you throw "facts". Straight men are PROVEN to crossdress more than gay men, statistically speaking. Gay men retain certain masculine traits even though they possess feminine ones straight guys don't. This isn't talking about mannerisms either, there are real physical differences on the internal body between gay and straight people, and some external ones too. However, they know their gender and they don't question that. Ones who do are transgender, which is totally different.

Hope you got what you were looking for and you actually want to understand. The nature behind being gay is in the sources provided.

Hmm... let's see, my own perspective lol

1. I don't feel as if I were born in the wrong body. I've thought about it and in all seriousness, I love being a man.

2. I don't see where you get the idea that a lot of gays dress as women. There are certainly a number of drag queens and they do it for comedic purposes or as a way to express themselves under a different guise... there are a lot of heterosexual men that have fetishes relating to cross-dressing.

3./4. You would think that sexual organs are made just for reproductive purposes, but Earth species all over have sex for the fun of it. Human women even have a sexual organ which is used only for pleasure. The human population thankfully might begin to plateau thanks to the use of contraceptives (which is sex for the sake of pleasure); the Earth is starting to reach its limit. Homosexuals can derive pleasure from oral and anal sex (vaginal stimulation in the case of lesbians).

You mention that it's a corruption of nature... but we have not figured out all of nature's secrets and in any case homosexuality is certainly present throughout nature.

Source(s): Bisexual!

No I am in the right one, mind you if I had my way I would be in Prince Harry but thats another story.

Homosexual men in fact do not like to wear womens clothing other than in amusement.

So you are willing to excuses heterosexual couples who do anal and oral but not gays.

No you can not introduce someone into being gay or a gay into being straight.

I don't follow the paragraph about children. yes I would have like to have had children.

Another paragraph that talks a lot but says nothing.

You know you really don't need to understand all this. All I ask is that you respect me. Exactly the same as you ask that others respect you and your relationships. Do you want us to ask you to explain why you love the girl you love and the things you do with her or do you just want me to respect you and her.

As far as the body question goes, some people are transgendered. Sexuality is a different thing.

Homosexuals are attracted to the same sex. Heterosexuals are attracted to the opposite sex. Bisexuals are attracted to both sex. And we all are born with our sexualities.

-Being Gay just means your ATTRACTED to the same sex, THATS IT, it never changes the same person you were before.

-Not all gay mean cross dress, thats a STEREO TYPE you see on TV, & judging from your knowledge, you must have alot of time in your life for too much TV.

-No, P0rn has NOTHING to do with sexuality, a long time ago native people were more sexually active then people today & it had nothing to do with p0rn.

-Dude, THE WORLD IS OVER POPULATED.

-If you ever tried to do things with a guy, its the same as me trying to do things with a girl, it just feels wiered, because thats not my sexuality, it doesn't make me comfortable

I honestly don't think you asked one single intelligent question. Obviously have your own preconceived notions (and are wrong) about homosexuality. And are pretty offensive. So to answer ALL your questions.... NO

• Dass

You're confusing homosexuals with transsexuals/transvestites.