Poll. My boyfriend and his ex-girlfriend got a job working at the same place?

My boyfriend and ex-girlfriend got a job at the same place.? My boyfriend has been wanting a new job for awhile. We have been dating about a year, about nine months before we met he had broken up with his live-in girlfriend of 3years. They had gone to the local culinary school together and both work as chefs. We... show more My boyfriend and ex-girlfriend got a job at the same place.?
My boyfriend has been wanting a new job for awhile. We have been dating about a year, about nine months before we met he had broken up with his live-in girlfriend of 3years. They had gone to the local culinary school together and both work as chefs. We talked about our past relationships when we first started dating. They had a rough break up with stress from her job and their schedules and just werent getting along or happy and she initiated the break up and he moved out. It took awhile for them to be on good speaking terms and he considers her a friend. They keep in touch and have coffee sometimes, and still had personal stuff, phone plans, and blah blah blah that have separated since i have known him. So i know about her and stuff, and that he talks to her occationally. I havent met her but he told her about me. So a month ago he gets some texts from a mutual friend of theirs that she was having a hard time and my boyfriend should check on her (the friend forwarded a text where the ex was saying she wanted to kill herself) My boyfriend texted her up and asked her to coffee. I understood, he said she just needed to vent a bit and was having a hard time at work and a hard time with her new live-in boyfriend. He met her on the same day that he had an interview at a potential new job and was telling her about it. Its one of the nicest restaurants in town. So two days before he starts the new job, he calls me and tells me he just found out she had also applied for them and was starting work there too. They are both chefs. Hes breakfast shes Dinner. There will be times when they work together for like two hours or special events and such, they both have the same career goals and have a history together. Ive had other trust issues with him messaging and hanging out with girls that are just friends, I try to be understanding but sometimes its a little flirty and he knows it makes me uncomfortable. I dont want him to give up friends but is this right? Also here lately we arent talking on the phone and he has been slow in returning my texts, tonight his phone rang and he just put it face down all quick and then never picked it back up, and it just sat there and blinked while we were hanging out with friends. I guess it could have been anything, but my mind went to the worst. But i decided to not ask and try to be strong even though it was killing me.
We kind of had a fight over the phone when he told me she got a job there, I was sure he had to have known its just too much of a coincidence and she knew he would work there and she applied too, after they met up so he could "be there for her."
I told him i wanted to break up. I want him to succeed and i dont want to deal with the stress. I want to add here that when we met and began dating i was recently out of a seven year marriage that had a lot of problems, one of them being that we worked opposite shifts and he began having an emotional relationship with a girl he worked with, a girl that is now his girlfriend. We have two children that the new boyfriend now knows and has become part of the life in the last 6 months or so. I try to get along and be friends with my ex, but there a lot of struggles and i am under immense pressure in all areas of my life.
After the initial blowup, We were messaging and then just kind of ignored each other for two days. He finally texted me and we met up today and talked and reconciled he swore he didnt know and even showed me the texts and calls from the friends that alerted him to it (everyone is gossiping about it which is also hard) and his texts asking if she was really working there and her saying she knew he had applied but seen they were hiring on Craigslist and wanted to apply too and sorry for bombarding on his new job, he didnt really say anything about it but asked if she could bring something he had been wanting to get from the old house they shared together to work and she said she would later. After that there was no reponse and then she texted him a random "ah let the pleasantries ensue" whatever that means and asking him how he liked it so far but he didnt respond. Since things were going bad with her boyfriend im not sure if shes still in another relationship and wonder if they are still together what HER boyfriend thinks. She knew he was interviewing to work there, and its a good place to work and maybe she hated her current job, but still!
He was reassuring me and telling me he wanted to be with me and that he loved me no matter what and this sucks but he just left his other job and he wants to work at this awesome place and he talks about getting set for the future that he wants me and my kids in. Its just hard to deal with. I cant sleep or eat and literally threw up before we met to talk about it.