My boss knowingly has illegals working for him...?

I work at a restaurant. I know for a fact that 3 of the cooks/dishwashers are illegals. When they clock in it says they have a "blind" job, & I asked one of the waitress whose worked there for years what that means, & she told me it means that they're illegals, but not to tell anybody.

I'm pretty sure all the Mexicans there are illegals, except for maybe 1. So in total, maybe about, 7 or so illegals work for my boss.

We live in Virginia.*

I know my boss knows that they're illegal, because he's the one who programmed the computer to say "blind job". & He's a cheap skate & is probably paying them less than min. wage, which is probably why he hired them, to save money.

What would happen if I turned my boss in? Would he get in trouble? What are the consequences for hiring illegals?

Also, how does it go undetected that he has illegals working for him? I know the company is individually owned & my boss is the owner, so it's not a franchise, is that maybe why nobody realizes it?

Any advice? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Report this to ICE (Immigration & Customs Enforcement) and the IRS (Internal Revenue Service). You can do this by looking in your phone book under the "government" section. You can also go to the following websites: Ice.gov and/or Irs.gov

Illegal situations such as this often go undetected because there aren't enough government employees to scrutinize every single business out there. That is why the government relies so heavily on people like you who bring this to their attention.

I am hoping that you are willing to report what's going on. It's the right thing to do.

Sure your boss would get in trouble. Contact ICE and the IRS. He will get fined for the offense of hiring illegals. It is also possible he could lose the business. Ice raided 3 temp offices in my city. They all got a $10000 fine and a warning. Next raid came and two of them were still hiring illegals and were closed. The third one had none and is still in business.

• mimi

Turn his butt into the local ICE

-its in your phone book.These people that hire illegals need to pay some major fines.Two things are going to keep illegals out of our country.#1 dont hire them.#2 no welfare for them or their anchor babies...

Now you see why the illegals come here? Its people, like your boss, who encourages them to come so they can work. We can't blame anybody but ourselves.

Contact ICE. Lets hope Mr. Obama will let ICE do their job and deport them.

bad stuff