Taking notes in college?

Should I save my note taking onto my computer (MacBook Pro) or should I save all my notes onto a USB and just use the laptop to take the notes?

Favorite Answer

If your professors allow you to take notes on your laptop, and you can trust yourself not to browse Facebook or Reddit or otherwise d*ck around on the internet instead of paying attention, then use your laptop. I think your safest bet would be to save your notes to the hard drive *and* back them up on a USB drive that you don't use for anything else.

Keep in mind, though, your profs might not let you take notes on your laptop in class. Apparently someone tipped off the professorial community that students are sometimes doing things besides taking notes when they use their computers in class. In that case, be prepared to take notes with pencil and paper, and then type them up immediately after class so you'll be able to read them later when studying for the test. Oftentimes if you're trying to keep up with a lecture and take good notes, you end up with pages of unintelligible scribbling, so if you type the notes up while the lecture is still fresh in your mind, you'll be able to study better for the test.

Take the notes on your laptop and save them on there, you don't really have to transfer them onto another computer since you already would have them on your laptop.

just take notes via the laptop.

• Violet

Whatever happened to a paper & pencil...