Can you borrow money against a mobile home you already own?

I was trying to borrow $2000 to move to the mobile home to another lot and we own the mobile home. I have the title to it that shows I own it. It is valued at about $18,000 and I paid cash for it about 3 years ago. I was wondering who I would go to to borrow the $2000 to move the mobile home using the title to it?

Update:

I can afford tp pay it back on income tax return but I need to move it now because of my husbands job.

Update 2:

I dont live way above my means, I have 5 children and one of them is handicap. Yes we both work and I go to college but my husband is getting transfered. My credit isnt perfect but it's not poor either. I think last time I checked it was about 620. We had money saved up but one of us lost our job because of the economy. :Long story but I can have the $2000 paid back within 6 months or sooner but he has to take the job ASAP.

Update 3:

I dont live way above my means, I have 5 children and one of them is handicap. Yes we both work and I go to college but my husband is getting transfered. My credit isnt perfect but it's not poor either. I think last time I checked it was about 620. We had money saved up but one of us lost our job because of the economy. :Long story but I can have the $2000 paid back within 6 months or sooner but he has to take the job ASAP.

Update 4:

Update 5:

Listen here, I had a great job and I can afford!! I lost my freaking job I had for over 20 years. You dont know what your talking about!! Some people are just such a'holes in this world

6 Answers

Relevance
  • kapn
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

Well..........your situation is certainly poor...........you may be able to go to a credit union and use the mobile home as equity on a 2K loan.......but they will look at your credit history and ability to pay the loan back...........but...........5 kids........no job............well...............good luck................

• 8 years ago

I believe you could take a mortgage or home equity loan out, but frankly I don't think anyone would waste their time on a $2K mortgage. You may just have to get a signature loan at the bank, but they are fairly expensive. Frankly, if you can't afford $2K, how can you afford to pay it back? If you don't have 6 months of expenses in a savings account you are living way above your means. Perhaps you should just wait and save it if at all possible.

HELLO.... Do you know how expensive kids are??? 5 kids IS WAY ABOVE YOUR MEANS! IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD THEM DO NOT HAVE THEM. Why do people always think that the excuse of having too many kids is a good excuse for overspending. It's worse than ANY other excuse because you are putting others with NO say into that situation. It's a decision, just like the decision to buy a boat or a house you can't afford. You made poor decisions, you'll have to live with them.

• 4 years ago

To the people who said mean things to this nice person asking a simple question I have a question. Do you live in the real world? People lose jobs and it is none of your business if they have 5 or 50 kids. Why be obnoxious if you cannot help. Get a life and some manners. Maybe a credit union or smaller bank can help.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

loan on mobile home I already own free and clear

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

I was wondering much the same question

• queen
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Probably it is good

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.