electric fans in vehicles?

is it ok to put the fan on either side of the rad or does it have to be on the inside? i got one from the scrap yard and i think it would fit better on the front of the rad but don't know if it can go there, and have no fan on the inside?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i wouldn't do it. when a fan is on the inside it sucks fresh air through from outside, cooling the radiator. if you put it on the outside you will suck warm air from the engine bay and also you will block the natural air flow when the car is in motion,

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You should have got one that fit your vehicle.

Front or back depends on if the fan is a 'pusher' or a 'puller', in either case, the air should be going from the front of the radiator, thru it, and exhausted into the engine compartment.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

ok bud u need to see a couple things

most likely on the inside hook it up inside and see which way the air is going unless its an ac fan like the 325is' have they have one inside for the enigne and one out for ac

so mount it inside and please dont use zipties get bolts ive seen people shoot fins throught radiators so many times cause of zipties

• 9 years ago

I have seen both kinds, OEM and add-on. I think space is the biggest consideration.........behind is more protected from rain/snow......most of the add-on in-front ones I've seen were boosters to the main fan.........if you put one in-front, make sure it's a pushing, not a pulling.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

one side only, if both you will restrict the air flow,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.