Who do you think will win the EPL this upcoming season?

With about 5 or 6 teams with a realistic chance of winning the title, i think this season is shaping up to be a great show. Man U are always going to be in the title race, and i think Chelsea will see Torres come to life this season now that things have calmed down since his arrival. If Arsenal can keep Cesc and Nasri they will also have a chance. Man City with their huge payroll can't be taken lightly as well as Tottenham. Liverpool have so many new faces coming in this season. There is no question they bought some talented boys, but we'll have to find out if they can actually play well together. If they can i think they will challenge for the title... Who do you think will win it and WHY?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Man Utd fan here.

Arsenal - No, their squad hasnt changed much, and especially if Fabs and Nasri leave they will be in even worse position. The thing with Arsenal is they tend to break down near the end of the season, and injuries to key players also affect their game. Some would say this is down to luck, but some of their players' injury records are truly horrendous.

Liverpool - Lots of new additions - if they can keep up the performances they gave at the end of last season, they are genuine contenders. But I think the team needs time to gel - a great team isnt created overnight. Therefore I think this season might be too early for them.

Man City - I'll try to be fair here. Look at their performances last year - Tevez stood out so, so much. There is almost no chance that he will stay this year, also not sure whether Aguero will join - but when it comes to the most important matches i still dont think they are capable of producing the best performances. So a no here.

Tottenham - newbies to the title race, they are capable of threatening the top 4 but not the top 1 imo. Look at their results last season, threw away 4th place with a series of draws/defeats against lower sides e.g. West Ham. If you want to be in the top 4 such results are not tolerated, let alone challenge for top spot.

Chelsea - I hate Chelsea, i'll make that clear now. I despise them more than city. But i really cant see Villas Boas struggling - i feel that he could easily take the league by storm. Not sure how the Falcao/Moutinho transfers are developing, or Pastore or Lukaku, but with their current squad Drogba, Anelka, Terry and Lampard are aging, Essien long term injury... a lot comes down to Torres/Benayoun partnership. But their defence is solid and if any of the attacking signings turn out to be true then I think they could easily take it to the last day.

Man Utd - It was obvious though, wasnt it? What else would I say? From the top down - I dont think De Gea will have any trouble getting used to the PL. 2 solid CB pairings, abundance of wingers and lethal forwards. Players like Park and Fletcher are big game players, Berbatov is a small-game player, experience in Giggs, youth in the twins, we have it all. As long as we get that attacking mid that we so desperately need, why cant we get title number 20?

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Man united in the title race,, i dunno about chelsea aging squad,, City for sure since they gel and have more chem,, arsenal if they keep fab and nasri,, tottenham had a problem at the front but if they bring adebayor they will be a strong force.

• Zed
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Chelsea because new manager & they should have won it last season so they will be really hungry to win it.

• 9 years ago

qpr

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

CHELSEA!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

@Zed, "they should have won it last season". Explain please.

Source(s): Manchester United Points - 80 Chelsea Points - 71
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.