Kitty
Lv 6
Kitty asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 years ago

WHAT exactly IS "Sensa" ? The weight loss powder.?

A family member has asked what is in it, if it appears to have nothing harmful AND is recognized as SAFE by the FDA. I have reservations on its claims to aide in weight loss but for those over weight, I understand the desire to find that miracle solution. However I am against weight loss aides other than exercise & reduced intake.

What are the ingredients ? I do NOT have bottle to compare the ingredients with researching. Any info you can pass on would be most appreciated. :)

Update:

I know it is a weight loss product. What I am asking is WHAT are the ingredients. Thanks ! :)

33 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Tricky marketing wording. This product is NOT approved by the FDA. It is manufactured in a method and procedure that meets FDA standards.

I can make candy in a method and procedure that meets FDA standards but you sure as heck won't lose weight using it.

I like to refer to this product as "magic fairy dust" since you sprinkle it on your food. Right!

I promise that if this product worked they would be charging $1000 per treatment,

not $89.95 per 60 day supply.

Weight loss is a $60 billion per year industry today and these guys are just trying to grab their share.

Be smart.

A healthy diet and exercise work every single time.

$45 per month gets you a decent gym membership, and you get a shower and maybe a steam!

See the Terms and Conditions below taken from the Sensa web site.

I also love that buying it direct from Sensa saves you 35% off the retail price. Yet it is available at GNC for the exact same price.

"You have a full 30 days to try your SENSA 2-Month Starter Kit. If you enjoy SENSA, do nothing and you will be billed for the 2-Month Starter Kit one low payment of $89.95 at the end of the free trial. That's a 35% SAVINGS off the retail price! If you decide to keep your 2-Month Starter Kit, you will be automatically enrolled in our SENSA AutoShip Delivery Service. As part of the SENSA Auto Ship Delivery Service, you will receive a fresh 2-month supply of SENSA every 60 days at the low price of only $89.95 so you never run out. You will be charged this price every 60 days, billed to your credit card.

Any free gift is yours to keep."

If it really did work why would you need to be offered free gifts as an incentive to purchase?

• 5 years ago

Source(s): BestSelling Weight Loss Pills - http://puregarciniaget.com/WL/?OfRo
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

• izzy
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

From their website...

"SENSA® contains Maltodextrin (Derived from Corn from the USA), Tricalcium Phosphate, Silica, Natural and Artificial Flavors. SENSA® also contains Soy and Milk ingredients. SENSA® is sodium-free, sugar-free, calorie free, gluten-free, and there are no stimulants, drugs or MSG."

The company's weight loss evidence is based on a "clinical" study (not to be confused with a clinical trial, which is the gold standard for research) done by Hirsch. This study has never been validated, nor published in a peer-reviewed medical journal.

The lack of scientific evidence on Sensa, along with a lack of diet and fitness guidelines to accompany the product, raise a red flag for some nutrition experts.

"This is not a magic bullet. There is no magic sprinkle. This isn’t even a diet," says diet and fitness expert, Pamela Peeke, MD. "It oversimplifies the complex physiology and psychology associated with appetite."

She adds that there is nothing unique about the list of ingredients in the tastants.

It's worth noting that the FDA does not regulate dietary supplements like drugs. Manufacturers are free to use creative language to imply effectiveness even without proven results.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Sensa Powder

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://tinyurl.im/aHMQo

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

• 5 years ago

Paleohacks is the single biggest online Paleo community anywhere filled with tens of thousands of people actually thriving on eating Paleo. Go here https://tr.im/k56V5

Inside, you'll not only get 125 delicious mouthwatering recipes, they've also included some great bonuses as well to help you get started as fast as possible.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Discover The 30 Day Guide to the Paleo Diet Meal Plan - http://primalpalate.info/the-paleo-diet-1738.html

+) Two different 30-day meal plans (that’s 60 days of meals planned out for you!)

+) Over 180 recipes that are amazingly delicious, and easy to make

+) All the information you need to start Paleo today

+) 30 Paleo Tips and Tricks Guide

Get Started Today! - http://primalpalate.info/the-paleo-diet-1738.html

Take the first step to rid your life (and cupboards) of toxic, harmful foods and begin your journey to wholesome, healthy living.

Source(s): Enjoy instant access to over 180 delicious, exclusive Paleo recipes! - http://primalpalate.info/the-paleo-diet-1738.html
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

I love your weight loss program. Here is another-- Fresh from her shower, a woman stands in front of the mirror complaining to her husband that her breasts are too small. Instead of characteristically telling her it's not so, the husband uncharacteristically comes up with a suggestion. "If you want your breasts to grow, then every day take a piece of toilet paper and rub it between your breasts for a few seconds." Willing to try anything, the wife fetches a piece of toilet paper and stands in front of the mirror, rubbing it between her breasts. "How long will this take?" she asks. "They'll grow larger over a period of years," he replies. The wife stops. "Why do you think rubbing a piece of toilet paper between my breasts everyday will make my breasts grow over the years?" "Worked for your butt, didn't it?" He lived. And with a great deal of therapy, may even walk again..

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aDPJR

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Going low carb is proven to encourage weight loss. Limit the carbs (especially processed carbs like muffins and bagels) and include a little fat.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.