A
A asked in SportsBaseball · 8 years ago

Will the Pittsburgh Pirates break their losing streak this year? Will they win the NL Central?

BONUS: Predict their end of the year record. If you think they'll go into the post season, how far?

• A-Kub
    Best Answer

Yes, yes, 91-71, and I think they will go all the way to the NLCS, but lose there. Here's why. Actually, I need to state one thing first. If we don't have to play the Brewers at all in the post-season, then we'll make the NLCS. I'm hoping the Phillies make it to the NLCS again this year, because we've won our series against them, and if we beat them again next week, I think we would have a good chance in the playoffs too. But, they might get knocked out before then, so if it's the Giants, then we will lose that series, I guarantee.

Here's why they'll win the Central. They're record for this season against Central teams are 23-14, winning against every team but the Brewers. And the Bucs have 42 more Central games in the regular season. Outlook looks pretty good to me.

I sure hope so, I've waited 18 years for this!! Although they have a very tough 2nd half schedule, they have won 7 straight series against the NL Central and are tied for 1st place almost100 games into the season. They've got as much a chance as any other team, especially if they can get Pedro Alvarez back up and actually hitting the ball like he should.

Record prediction: 85- 77. Who knows, that might even win the division. If they do win the division, look for them to play Philadelphia in the first round. In a best of 5, anything can happen. So if we sneak in and beat Philly, how sweet would a Pittsburgh/Atlanta NLCS be????

• Will

Even though they are tied for first, they are only six games above .500. If they want to win the division, they are going to have to step it up. Right now I see them at about 86-76 at the end of the season. Unless their pitching gets hot late, they will be quickly dispatched in the first round.

I think they'll finish over .500, but I don't think they can win the NL Central.

I think they will be above 500 and make the playoffs but probably lose in the first round

No chance they win. A team as inexperienced as them will easily choke in September.....if their even still in the mix.

Brewers and Cardinals have much better chances.