I broke my no contact rule with my ex bf. He replied. What should I say?

My long distance ex bf broke off with me saying that he couldnt do distance. He said he would like to be friends just in case we might be able to get back together gain in the future. I broke my no contact rule only after one month and emailed him asking if he thinks we might have a chance to get back together... show more My long distance ex bf broke off with me saying that he couldnt do distance. He said he would like to be friends just in case we might be able to get back together gain in the future. I broke my no contact rule only after one month and emailed him asking if he thinks we might have a chance to get back together again in the future. He replied saying that he will definitely look me up if we were in the same city and would like to keep the option open to get back together. He asked me why I asked him such a question all of a sudden. What should I reply? Obviously, I asked him becos I want us to be back together, but i'm not going to tell him that. What should I say?