Poll: Long question short, Ecuador or South Africa?

Long question long, I just finished my first year of college, and in an effort to make the most of my four to five years, I took a summer trip to Ecuador with one of my classes and it was absolutely AMAZING. I made so many friends there; it was pretty much the second most amazing experience of my life. I would love to go back, and lucky for me there is a service learning trip headed to Quito next summer. I would be able to volunteer at a school run by a woman I got very close to on this trip, as well as re-visit some friends and places I am already homesick for.

On the other hand, I have been part of a learning cohort my entire freshman year, and part of the cohort is a trip to South Africa next summer. It would be a new experience, as well as furthering me in my quest to visit all the continents before I turn 30. I feel like I would really be missing out if I skip this trip.

So my question is, which would you choose, and why? Both trips contribute to my major and my minor, and both are about the same length. The prices are not set yet, nor are the dates. If they do not overlap, I'll pull all the strings I can to do both, but odds are I will have to choose. Any advice? Please and thank you! :)

I would also be working in a school in South Africa. It is an optional extension of my admissions practicum.

Favorite Answer

Ecuador, its an amazing experience to miss out on volunteering at a school & will look pretty good for future jobs & career. As for south africa, sure itll be a shame to miss it but i feel there is more that will benefit you in ecuador at the minute. And you can always go to Africa another time, no rush. Will there be a trip in 2013?

South Africa. You've set a goal for yourself to see all of the contents before you're 30. You should try to achieve that goal. There's nothing saying that going back to Ecuador isn't still a possibility in the future either, so you really would be missing out if you passed that one up.

Source(s): Just my opinion.

Women: Long hair if they're good at taking care of it. Men: Short or long. Depends on what they look best with. =)