Should i quit my job at stop and shop? 10 pts up for grabs!?

so i started this new job a short time ago and i HATE it. i work at this stop and shop bake shop in the back making pastries... but all i do is put things on trays and write happy birthday on cakes. i cant use the oven or the bread sliver or even a friggin knife! ive gotten better offers that i had to turn down cuz i already had this job. also, im 16 and all the people i work with are at least 45... there are nobother teens working with me and i feel really awkward or inthe way of these older people. even the store said thhd never hired someone for the bake shop under 25...

should i quit my job? i know ive barely started bt i feel like im more of a hinderance than a help... please help!!!!!

Favorite Answer

Congrats on having a job! But realize that by law you can't use certain equipment, even though you know you'd be able to. I'm almost 40 and work with older than me right down to teens. You get used to the difference and we all get along although it was a bit weird in the beginning to have an early 20's person to be my in-charge. It all works out if you just always stay nice and do your job.

Now, as to the part about getting better job offers? Why haven't you taken them? It's a known fact for people in food service to jump ship when a better deal comes along. My asst. mgr. is already planning to leave and is cultivating a crew for it including me. Leave if you get a better job! It's not a negative if you can explain why you left for a better offer. Then they know they need to keep you or you'll bail for a better one. It's a huge game, you just need to know how to play the cards.

• Kerry

nope...you're making yourself feel uncomfortable there...you do your work that you were

hired to do and do it well....other things will come along in time as they let you progress....

you're a kid/it takes time to get knowlege under your belt, here or anywhere else you go...

it doesnt happen over nite. do the work the best you can and be proud of what you do...

thats your name behind the stuff.......

and what do you do...quit the next job too cuz you didntl like that one either? or maybe the next

one as well?....get some maturity behind you here...you're in the working world now.....

after a time if you arent happy, then you can start thinkin about doing something else...

naw