? asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPC · 9 years ago

Steam gamesharing. HELP!?

My friend lent me his steam account so i could get a few games. I want to get Black ops Multiplayer.

Is it possible for me to get his Black ops on his account on to my account?

Thankss. :)

Favorite Answer

No, Steam games are bound to the account. If you download a game onto your computer and then log into another account, it won't allow you to launch the game if it's not registered on your account, which of course requires you to purchase the game. It's not like the PSN. You can install Steam on as many computers as you like and log in from anywhere but you can only have one account logged in at one place at any given time.

Basically the only way to play is by using your friend's account, and you can only use it when he isn't using it.

If Steam catches you doing the account sharing you will get banned on your account AND your friends account yes. The rules say no account sharing when you make an account! Hopefully this helps.

Sorry to say, but definitely not.

Steam does not allow this...