What is causing Senator Reid to be so "busy" that he can't waste the Senate's precious time to debate...?

What is causing Senator Reid to be so "busy" that he can't waste the Senate's precious time debating and voting on a bill to balance the budget and avert a default or credit downgrade???

11 Answers

Relevance
  • bwlobo
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

If you're talking about the "cut, cap & balance" bill... there is absolutely nothing that Reid has scheduled for after tomorrow’s vote.

Rather than putting his rank-and-file members in the tough position of voting to oppose cloture ("Senator So-and-so voted to filibuster a balanced budget!"), Reid will move to "table" the House-passed bill. This only requires 51 votes, and its outcome is a bit harder to explain to voters. Don't be fooled: For all intents and purposes, it kills the bill without ever voting on it, or even voting on proceeding to a final vote.

This gives you a very good indication as to how we need to vote in 2012? If we don't get these Liberals out of control of the White House and the Senate we are doomed!!

Source(s): bwlobo
  • 3 years ago

I agree, regreting concerning the previous isn't gonna get u everywhere. life is all approximately new expererinces. no longer in basic terms in Love, yet in the rest. all of us might have poor expereinces and all of us might have happy expereinces. life is all approximately accepting them with an open heart. I agree by utilising gods grace each and every thing takes place for the reliable. yet u merely might desire to have the staying power to work out that grace coming. human beings in many circumstances say that god has forgotten me. yet they don't seem to be ideal. God acts on the ideal 2d, on the ideal time. So why regret abut what u have not got in life. Why cry a pair of million unhappy journey, Why waste the todays interior the guilt of yesterdays, why make out life depressing while all of us have lots extra life to relish. WOW seem who's asking questions now !! HEHE. rather of giving u an answer I asked u like a million questions HEHE. by utilising the way, if I might desire to look 2 an prolonged time returned, my age may well be -4. HEHE !! yet while i seem returned sixteen years, each and every thing grow to be for the reliable. and that i think everthing may well be 4 the reliable. no rely if that's love or the rest. life is all approximately waiting and having the journey and coping with each and every of the circumstances, no rely no rely if or no longer they're happy or unhappy. HEHE thank you 4 the 1derful questions. See i won't be able to supply up myself from writing. Thats what i desire !!!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The bill called something like cut and run or duck and run or whatever you may call it does not balance the budget. Any bill that treats additional revenue as something toxic is not going to balance the budget. It is a waste of time debating something that is not going to pass the Senate. There are many other things that the Senate can do, but are not doing. This bill is not one of them.

• 8 years ago

Busy writing more Cowboy Poetry.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Dealing with crazy TEA-sers through the G0P.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Racist Reid is the typical Anti American leftist, who has his own agenda for America,.....and just like his messiah 0bama, Racist Reid is playing for the WRONG team!!!!!

• 8 years ago

Senility and dementia does strange things to ones mind.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

A balanced budget amendment is DOA . A complete waste of time .

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Reid is a douche

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

What bill is that?

cut cap and balance would send our economy into a depression

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.