Vaccinating why or why not?

just currious to see your reasons. i dont vaccinate, dont do well visits either. i use homeopathy as much as possible. call me crazy if you wish. i do it for many reasons.mostly we trust god more than man. he made us the way we are ment to be and put NATURAL things ont this eartg we can use we dont need adatives aborted fetal cells, monkey cells, soy, eggs, ect injected into our bodys with a needle(a form i belive to be marring the body) also you can alway let your childen choose to vaccinate themselves once they can make up their own minds on their beliefs but you cant ever unvaccinate them. i have also seen vaccine injury and i will not risk it in my own child. the US vaccinates more than any othe medically established country, they also have the highest "unexplainable" infant mort rate. please dont diss me for my religious beliefs.

• Holly
    Best Answer

Good for you Libby! It's nice to know there is other intelligent life on this planet. My son is 3 and not vaccinated and he is the only one in my family that isn't and he is the healthiest. He has only had 2 sniffles in his life, that lasted only 2 days each time. He has NEVER had a fever, an ear infection or thrown up. His cousins that are vaccinated have had everything from ear infections to seizures and are always sick. I met a woman in her 60's recently that was a mid-wife. She had 7 grown children and 15 grandchildren all unvaccinated and all alive and VERY healthy. She said some of her children did get the measles mumps and chicken pox but their immune systems took good care of them and they all made full recoveries. Vaccines have NEVER been proven to be safe or effective and do NOT guarantee immunity. It even says so on the vaccine inserts. I refuse to poison my sons body for a maybe. If you read the list of ingredients in vaccines it sounds a lot like the ingredients list on a chemical cleaner under the kitchen sink. I am far more afraid of my child suffering from vaccine side-effect like neurological disorders, auto-immune disorders, asthma, diabetes, and even death are all listed as possible side-effects on the inserts. I'd much rather take my chances with a disease. I have done my research and discovered that so long as your child has a healthy immune system they have an over 98% chance of making a full recovery. I feed my son a very healthy organic diet and he is so healthy that I have absolutely no worries at all that his immune system will fight off anything that comes his way. Vaccines damage the immune system and actually cause more health issues than they could ever pretend to prevent. I have always viewed vaccinations as a form of voodoo medicine. They use animal tissues from chicken embryos, monkey kidneys, and even tissue from aborted fetuses. Not mention all the chemicals like formaldehyde, aluminum, and mercury. I think I'll pass on that junk being injected into my beautiful baby boys body.

I also use homeopathic remedies with great success and I avoid the doctor's office too.

Here are some great quotes by doctors:

"As a retired physician, I can honestly say that unless you are in a serious accident, your best chance of living to a ripe old age is to avoid doctors and hospitals and learn nutrition, herbal medicine and other forms of natural medicine unless you are fortunate enough to have a naturopathic physician available. Almost all drugs are toxic and are designed only to treat symptoms and not to cure anyone. Vaccines are highly dangerous, have never been adequately studied or proven to be effective, and have a poor risk/reward ratio. Most surgery is unnecessary and most textbooks of medicine are inaccurate and deceptive. Almost every disease is said to be idiopathic (without known cause) or genetic - although this is untrue. In short, our main stream medical system is hopelessly inept and/or corrupt."--A, Greenberg M.D.

"Vaccinations will one day go the way of bloodletting. Doctors of tomorrow would be shocked that, without any good research showing any benefit and with much research showing harm, we continued using this bizarre 18th century medical practice of injecting viri, bacteria, toxins and other chemicals into our children well into the 21st century. Don’t follow advice blindly. Question authority, think for yourself, read, learn, don’t do anything unless you are sure the benefits outweigh the risks. Remember, you can’t fool mother nature."

Dr. Andrea Brisson

"Vaccination is a monstrosity, a misbegotten offspring of error and ignorance, it should have no place in either hygiene or medicine...Believe not in vaccination, it is a world-wide delusion, an unscientific practise, a fatal superstition with consequences measured today by tears and sorrow without end."--Professor Chas Rauta, University of Perguia, Italy

It's unfortunate that so many people have been brainwashed by doctors and the media into believing vaccines are necessary and safe good for you for educating yourself and discovering the truth about vaccines.

Here is a great article titled "The Brainwashing of our Medical Students"

http://www.articlesbase.com/health-articles/the-br...

I vaccinate both. A pet owner is legally responsible and required to get mandated vaccinations (rabies being the main one). Granted, if the owners don't have their animals licensed through the county, I suppose they could get away with it. However, with that said, they better be careful and hope their animal isn't involved in a fight or becomes loose as they could get in trouble for not being vaccinated. Vaccinating children is becoming more of a personal choice, although still heavily recommened and advised. It isn't illegal to not vaccinate your children though.

• Lee

Is this a question, or are you telling us? It seems like a rant disguised as a question. nice.

I vaccinate, I do well visits. I also have used homeopathy, chiropractic, supplementation and other "alternative medicine". Why both? Because I generally believe in the least invasive methods first. If something alternative will help, why not? And if it doesn't fine, I'll move on. I'm not afraid of western medicine. I don't think it conflicts with alternative treatments. There is a time and a place for everything. I don't distrust doctors. In fact, being somewhat of a skeptic, it's been my observation that most of the antivaxers on here are high school grads with about 11 accounts in their relatives, dogs, cats and others names - look to what best answer they always pick. It tells you a whole lot about their stability. Why in the world would I have any more trust in that person than in a trained medical professional? Trust me I don't. I wouldn't! I wouldn't turn to the cat lady down the street for medical advice, which is what you'll get here. Nor do I put medical doctors on the pedestal they demand. There is much they don't know as well. I am always very skeptical about the qualifications ANYONE on YA claims to have. Half the users are impostors or point gamers. Sorry true. I read 10x the questions I answer and the truth is obvious. I don't believe much in conspiracy theories. On the other hand, I'm not going to toss out a simple fix for something easy to treat because it wasn't prescribed to me.

Please be skeptical of everything, not just of establishment.

Do you work in a medical field, or have you read stories about vaccine injuries on the internet? I'm going to guess it's #2 and in your way of thinking that qualifies as "seeing" vaccine injuries. Sorry, unless you're an RN or MD and are actually working with children who are vaccine injured you haven't seen them. You've heard and what you've heard is mostly garbage. Of course there are adverse reactions, the idea of vaccinating is that the benefits to society as a whole out weigh the risks to a few individuals.

You are entitled to your religious views. That's the way of our country So, don't vaccinate your children. But please, before you spread rumor and innuendo educate yourself. And I DO NOT mean here on YA, land of the point gamer and internet-educated MD with a GED. Do not assume the point gamers who say they are "certified counselors" in whatever really are - they aren't. Don't assume anyone is really studying what they say they are. This place is ripe with the stench of lies. Get your information from real sources.

• God also gave us doctors, knowledge, medicine, hospitals, and those shouldn't be dissed or taken for granted. Every week I get mail, from world vision, about third world countries and how simple vaccines and antibiotics could save so many lives.

I agree that natural is far too overlooked these days. And that a lot of what we need, on a day to day basis, is right around us. I also agree that people need to research and ask questions before following their doctors every command.

when my son was a week old, he became very ill. after two days of fever and two antibiotic treatments, he became scary sick. he turned grey, clammy, lethargic and started going into seizure after seizure. earlier in the day, our doctor had prayed with us, because he no longer knew what to do for us. and after he started going into seizures, we rushed him to the hospital. Family and friends stopped what they were doing, and prayed. Our pastor came and prayed over him. He was poked, prodded, tested, and given medicine. The medicine stopped his seizures. The IV kept him alive, when he was took weak to nurse. God heard our prayers and saved his life through the amazing doctors, nurses and modern medicine. Turns out, he had meningitis. Meningitis needs to be treated, with the right medicine, within 48 hours. Had we stayed home any longer, we would have lost him.

I vaccinate because I never want to see either of my children that sick ever ever again. I did research, I've talked to our doctors, I pick and choose the vaccinations, but I vaccinate because they work.

medicine has its place. and if we didn't vaccinate, your unvaccinated children would be a whole lot more at risk.

• Kay

Have you or anyone you know ever had a childhood disease that is preventable with vaccines? Have you considered that you children cannot choose to go back in time a get important vaccines once they are old enough to research that for themselves? This is not like circumcision where a grown man can decide that for himself one day. Have you considered that these diseases still occur and vaccines prevent your child from getting a disease unnecessarily or getting a less severe case? I was fully vaccinated and I had pertussis as a child. The kids next door to us were not vaccinated and nearly died while my brother and I recovered in a short time and were barely sick. I will vaccinate my son with every single vaccine available because the small risk of a side effect does not justify risking that he will contract a disease that could permanently damage him or kill him that could have been prevented. I am not dissing you but I don't understand your reasons. Why are you risking the health of your child? What bothers me the most about those that do not vaccinate is that those poor children cannot speak for themselves and end up with a childhood disease that they didn't need to have and could have been prevented. I sincerely hope your child never catches measles, mumps, polio, diphtheria, tetanus... diseases that are still around and completely preventable. If you are facing a choice for your child that they CAN make one day (something like circumcision), I'm all for letting them choose, but unless they can go back in time to when they were scheduled for their first vaccines, letting them wait until adulthood is pointless.

I think God gave us the ability to grow and learn more about this world that He gave us and I think it's unfortunate that you choose to reject that gift. Rejecting science without really understanding it is not putting your trust in God over man at all. It's not trusting God that He would lead us to learn more about the world He gave us. God doesn't want to keep us ignorant - don't be afraid of knowledge.

And I don't understand why people think "natural" is safe. Measles, mumps, whooping cough, rubella, influenza -- these are all "natural" and they can (and do) kill people, especially children. Infants and children are vaccinated because they are the most vulnerable to dangerous effects of these disease.

Do you realize that if your child is sick with rubella, you may not realize it - but if he infects a pregnant woman that could cause great harm to her baby? If you child is a carrier of measles or whooping cough and passes it on to another child who can't be immunized, who may have a supresed immune system or something - that other child could die. You don't live in a bubble and what you choose to do affects other people. You are part of a community. Your choosing not to vaccinate not only puts your children at risk - but increases the risk for everyone in your community that a vaccine-preventable disease could enter and harm someone else. Doesn't your religion believe in helping others?

Yes, if you believe this of god, he also put out all sorts of diseases that kill those not vaccinated. Lets remember that AIDS is natural. As is measles. Both kill.

It makes sense that the US would have a higher SIDS rate than other countries. Most countries do not do after-death exams of infants and simply guess at the cause of death when they don't know. In addition, premature births are counted, something not done in most countries.

You are crazy, and factually incorrect as well.

I take it you've never seen a child with pertussis or measles then? Far worse than the vaccine.

You've also read one of those fear-mongering ingredients lists. In reality, there aren't any cells in any vaccine.

You can't let a child decide to vaccinate, by the time they are old enough to make that decision, they will either have already gotten sick and possibly injured or it won't really matter. Most vaccine-preventable diseases are only serious to children.

The US doesn't vaccinate that much more than other developed nations. The real reason our infant mortality rate is higher is we count premature births. Most countries don't. There's also the issue of income disparity.

Also, please look up what homeopathy actually is. It's rank quackery.

Source(s): Microbiologist
  • Katie

I have a 12 day old baby and he will be getting EVERY vaccine that is available. Even his dad and i got whooping cough needles the other day to be sure we don't pass anything onto him before he's old enough to be done.

I think in this day and age, it is plain foolish not to vaccinate. There are too many nasties out there, that 'god' has created but thankfully man has found a prevention for.

Good luck with your children, i hope they never catch one of those diseases.

Source(s): First time mum, will always vaccinate

the us is ranked 46 in 2009 on the least number of infant mortality rates. that's for infants under the age of 1. the us isn't even in the top 10 when it comes to child mortality rate (children under 5). what does "unexplainable" infant mortality rate in a medically established country mean anyway? russia is ranked lower than the us, and i'm pretty sure russia is a medically established country.

vaccines work because it's been proven. if a kid is injected with the chickenpox vaccine, and you expose the kid to chickenpox, he won't get it. same for measles, mumps, etc. vaccines saves lives.

you may not believe in science, but i do. sometimes you need more advanced weapons to win. homeopathy isn't that effective when it comes to cancer, so you need science.