Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetYouTube · 8 years ago

I signed into my youtube account and got this!?

Does this mean I'm about to get payed???? :D

ATTENTION

We have received copyright complaint(s) regarding material you posted, as follows:

* from Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc about Voldermort Death Scene HP DH P2 - Fetcha200

Video ID: v6BTQOI4zAk

Please note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos you have uploaded. Please delete any videos for which you do not own the necessary rights, and refrain from uploading infringing videos.

If you are unsure what this means, it is very important that you visit our Copyright Tips guide.

If one of your postings has been misidentified as infringing, you may submit a counter-notification. Information about this process is in our Help Center.

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material was disabled due to mistake or misidentification may be liable for damages.

For your reference, a copy of this message has been sent to you via email, and can also be located in your Account Warnings page.

Update:

I clicked ok.

And now I have to do a quiz on youtube.. wow. lol

Update 2:

lol I didn't record a video in a theater.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

doesn't mean you're about to get payed... It means u were posting copyrighted material without permission. If you weren't then "...you may submit a counter-notification. Information about this process is in our Help Center."

if you are posting video u recorded out of a theater you're an idiot lol

• 8 years ago

Warner Bros owns the copyright of the film. That means they have the EXCLUSIVE right to make copies, publish and distribute (including by electronic means), public performance, and to make derivative works. There are several exceptions, such as making a single backup copy of something you purchased.

Otherwise, without a license, you can be sued for up to $150,000 for each film, song, graphic, photograph, video, or other copyrighted work that you illegally "share" online. You have also violated the terms of your agreement with YouTube and your account can be terminated IMMEDIATELY, if they choose to enforce it strictly.

Ask the Minnesota housewife sued by Virgin Records for "sharing" 24 songs via KaZaa. She was ordered to pay $1.92 million, as the jury thought "about half" of the statutory max ought to teach her a lesson. Too bad the record companies didn't sue her for the other 1,700 songs that were also found on her hard drive without any proof that she had purchased any authorized copy at any time.

• Vodkie
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

You're not Warner Bros.

you do not own distribution rights to Harry Potter

Warner Bros. had your video removed because you infringed their copyrights

You're not about to get paid. It means if you do it again, you may lose your tube account and may be sued over it

it doesn't matter how you obtained the clip, Since you are not Warner Bros, it's not yours to be putting up online

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You stole a clip from Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Its illegal to take their stuff without crediting them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

attempt changing your browser to IE, Firefox or Safari...i've got heard that Google Chrome is between the subjects...a number of my friends had a tense time logging in the day previous and the day earlier, yet replaced their browers to those i only get you..and are back on youtube..

• 8 years ago

no it doesnt mean you gunna get paid, it means you posted a clip you stole and there giving you a warning

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.