Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

If life begins at conception, why is the conceptus not destined to become a baby?

Between two-thirds and three-quarters of conceptuses never implant in the uterus and are spontaneously aborted, some because they are genetically defective, others for no discernible reason.

Why would this happen if each and every one of them have souls?

Update:

As of yet, I see no Christian who honestly attempts to answer the question. Not surprising in the least, R&S Christians tend to ignore tough questions.

Update 2:

Dreamstuff Entity - A very good observation. I hadn't thought of that.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

sindidit

• ?
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

You have to start somewhere . Otherwise , if you say that the conceptus is not a Human Being , then you could justify abortion , which would then turn into euthanasia . So , conception is the beginning of a created Human Being of God . ...... Note : We are drawing a part of God's Belief here . Because , you should know by now that nothing is real , except it is real to what ever God wants to believe is real . And if you don't want to believe in God's reality , then you have to try to follow your own designed reality , and see whether or not it is sound enough to keep you from going absolutely crazy , like what most atheists do when they die .

• 10 years ago

Maybe there weren't enough souls to go around, so they didn't actually have souls. Without souls, they couldn't continue living. Of course, I have absolutely no evidence to support this idea. It's just being offered in the spirit of religious imagination, and I don't believe it myself.

• 10 years ago

If the United States had not Murdered (aborted) 53 million children Social Security would not be in financial trouble.. Most of the kids would be adults and be working and paying into the system.

Any nation that sanctions the death of its littlest and most helpless citizens cannot expect the blessing of God.

A woman has the right over her own body, but the baby has the right to his/her body.

If you are alive and can read this, you are a hypocrite because your mother chose life, not death.

Where are the women's rights people? Half of those babies are female..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Gary B
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

How can life BEGIN at conception?

if either the sperm or the egg is dead, then there is no conception. For conception to occur, then BOTH the sperm and the egg must be alive.

Thus, the "conceptus" was never dead. Life doesn't BEGIN at conception -- it is passed on from the mother and father!!

The only question is, when did it DIE -- through an accident of conception, through poor pre-natal care by the mother, or through an abortion?

• 10 years ago

Wow. These figures mean that most of the population of heaven consists of not people who believe in Christianity, but of those conceptuses.

• 10 years ago

Yep..if it's a miscarriage it was just never meant to be.

But if you forcibly remove it you are a murderer.

Don't care how many rumps my words sting,I say only the truth.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Because destiny isn't real?

Life's harsh - poor embryos.

Source(s): Pro-life atheist.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.