Windows 7 "Disk Read Error"?

I know this is fairly common, but none of the previous solutions have worked for me. The PC is an Acer Aspire 7741Z with Windows 7 Home Premium. When the PC is turned on it immediately says "A disk read error has occurred press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. Obviously, that only does the same thing over and over.... show more I know this is fairly common, but none of the previous solutions have worked for me. The PC is an Acer Aspire 7741Z with Windows 7 Home Premium. When the PC is turned on it immediately says "A disk read error has occurred press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. Obviously, that only does the same thing over and over. Alt f10 renders a similar error, "HDD recovery validation failed! Press any key to continue."

Also, f8 does absolutely nothing! Nothing loads and nothing happens. I can go to f12, but it doesn't seem to help either. It gives 4 options:
1. IDE 0: WDC WD1200BEVS-22USTO-(S1) - when run only goes right back to the disk error
2. IDE CD/DVD: MATSHITADVD-RAM UJ890AS-(S
3. Network Boot: MBA v12.2.2 Slot 0200
both 1 & 2 render similar results - they both say "operating system not found"
<enter setup> - of course goes to f2

f2 isn't anymore helpful, it contains: "info", "main", "security", "boot" and "exit" tabs, and I have tried all sorts of different options there. I have reset it all to defaults, changed the SATA mode, switched the boot orders... I don't know what else to do.

I cannot get to the start menu, or anywhere to write anything in so I haven't been able to try anything like that yet. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do to fix this problem?

I created a recovery CD, but it doesn't do anything either, since everything seems to lead back to the disk read error.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance to everyone that helps!
~God bless!!!