promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

At what point did Obama have to deal with Congress for the ATF to carry out Operation Fast & Furious?

Check out the answers to this question:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AsHfC...

Many of them seem to be saying Obama gets a pass for Operation Fast & Furious because Republicans are being mean and trying to block everything he does.

At what point did he or any of his people discuss this program with Congress? (Until after it blew up in their faces and Congress started investigating)

Update:

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-07-14/news/29...

The Fast and the Furious is movie franchise that's been incredibly successful to its backers. But when it comes to our government, Operation Fast and Furious has been an incredibly unsuccessful effort turned into a scandal that's rocking the Obama administration.

Operation Fast and Furious - "Obama's Watergate" as one pundit put it - established in 2009 and Project Gunrunner, established in 2005, were ATF programs aimed at stopping guns from getting into the hands of criminals in Mexico. The ultimate goal was to track the flow of arms and determine how the market functioned, but the initiative has had an unsurprisingly disastrous effect.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I dont believe Obama really addressed Congress on this, I believe the responsiblity lies with Eric Holder.. Same thing when the ATF botched Waco and Ruby Ridge, it was Janet Reno who gave the Orders. I'm sure the President is aware of the situation and could have stopped it, but lets face it look who were talking about here.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

By creating more violence south of the border, Obami will drive even more desperate Mexicans to cross the border north.

Mexicans men marry women and have more children with them than they can care for. Most keep their "boyfriends" too. They come and go across our porous southern borders spreading disease.

Mexicans are still angry at Americans for stealing their land, so they send their losers north to re-inhabit their lost territories. Washington retaliates by sending them our jobs. Now Obama wants to, literally, give away the farm. His immigration policies reflect just that.

Most Mexican immigrants are failures in their home countries, because they are lazy and look for the easy way. Their homelands are filled with factory jobs that had once been held by Americans on US soil. They enter the US illegally, because entering the US legally requires some effort and they want the easy way. They don't value education and, consequently, neither do their children. Many look to crime instead of work that requires education and training. After all. they're looking for the easy way.

Now Obama wants to pave the easy way for these people by giving them a free ride.

• 9 years ago

Wonder where Bob Woodward is

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I don't know but I hope they impeach him over this and imprison Holder.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.