Which is better for hydration?

It's been extremely hot lately, and everyone talks about keeping hydrated.

I know water is good for you, but what about Gatorade (I prefer the low calorie kind)? I know pop and beer don't work to keep you hydrated, but will Gatorade work as well or better than water?

Favorite Answer

Gatorade contains glucose which can provide energy and replenish electrolytes lost through sweat. In general however, the sugars and harmful additives in it are not only bad for you, they are also an unnecessary way of restoring hydration. Water is just as good so not only does it provide good hydration, but good health as well. To answer your question more specifically however in reference to only hydration, both would have the same effect. However, Gatorade is usually consumed during physical activity, not hot days so water is safer and a more refreshing way to beat the heat.

I have read articles about this very question and it always comes back to water. Other things are OK to a point, but water can't be beat.

tender coconut water