Recommendation on books to read?

Im currently looking for new books to read. i would greatly appreciate a few recommendations !

i enjoy series of books, but they don't necessarily have to be a series !

past books i enjoyed were

- the entire twilight series

- the glass castle by Jeannette walls i LOVED

- dead until dark

- Marked

- The whole a child marked it series

as well as a few books, those are just a few.

if you have any recommendations, i greatly appreciate it. thank you !

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i read a lot of books.

here are a few of my favourites based on what you seem to enjoy.

The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones

City of Ashes

City of Glass

City of Fallen Angels

and her prequel series

The Clockwork Angel

its about every kind of fantasy creature you can imagine. faeries, werewolves, vampires, demons, angels, worlocks, etc. and the people that fight them off.

The Modern Faerie Tale Series by Holly Black

Tithe

Valiant

Ironside

about faeries, and the world of the faeire realm. Very good, the story flips perspectives between one girl kaye in the first book. then Val in the second and back to kaye in the third. these are one of my favourite series. i love rath roiben rye!

you seen to like vampire books so give

The Evernight Series by Claudia Gray a try

Evernight

Stargazer

Hourglass

Afterlife

its about vampires, and ghosts, and vampire hunters! its so suspenseful its really good!

All these series have all of the books in the series already out. or mostly out.

hope i have helped you.

go to my goodreads page http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2808698-monet-s... and look through the books that i have read, i read a lot and im sure something will pop out at you.

• 10 years ago

Here are some books I loved reading, some are adult books while others are teen/children's books, they are of varied genres:

Noughts and Crosses - Malorie Blackman

Boys Don't Cry - Malorie Blackman

The Casson Family Series (Saffy's Angel, Indigo's Star,etc) - Hilary Mckay

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime - Mark Haddon

A Spot of Bother - Mark Haddon

Angels and Demons - Dan Brown

The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown

Black Swan Green - David Mitchell

About a Boy - Nick Hornby

The Adrian Mole Series (The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, etc) - Sue Townsend

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Series - Douglas Adams

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency Series - Alexander Mccall Smith

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Steven Chbosky

Holes - Louis Sachar

• 10 years ago

You MUST read the Harry Potter series (NOT just the movies; They don't compare to the Books), by J.K Rowling, The Percy Jackson Series (If you do like the Percy Jackson series, there are a couple other books by the same author that are other Series'.), by Rick Riordan, and The Eragon Series by Christopher Paolini, and maybe the The Children of the Lamp Series, by P. B. Kerr. I haven't ever heard any bad things about them. Everyone I talk to that has read them loves them.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

The Vampire Diaries

The Immortal Series

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

The Maze Runner

The Mortal Instruments

The Infernal Devices

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

possibly a Miracle - Brian Strause consume Cake - Jeanne Ray Whispers and Lies - excitement Fielding A concept of Relativity - Jacquelyn Mitchard the parable of You and Me - Leah Stewart Veil of Roses - Laura Fitzgerald The 3 hundred and sixty 5 days of Fog - Michelle Richmond Midwives - Chris Bohjalian Are You There God? Its Me, Margaret - Judy Blume The Weir - Conor McPherson Grave Suprise - Charlaine Harris What Are You finding at? : An Anthology of fat Fiction - Ira Sukrungruang the lady With the Silver Eyes - Willo Davis Roberts Fall guy: A Rachel Alexander secret - Carol Lea Benjamin interior the midst of Wolves - Keith Remer A notably placed source - Michelle Dally Grief woman - Erin Vincent The Darwin Awards next Evolution - Wendy Northcutt Prince of information: the numerous Worlds of Neil Gaiman - Hank Wagner, Christopher Golden, Stephen R.

• 10 years ago

EVERMORE SERIES

I have a similar taste and ithink ull love it

About a teenage couple -

Ever has survived the unthinkable. She is the lone survivor of the automobile accident that took the lives of every member of her family – including the family pet. Since her “near death” experience, she hasn’t been the same. Not only is she battling with feelings of guilt for being alive, she now has psychic abilities. She can read minds and nothing is secret anymore. In order to block out the noise that constantly surrounds her, she keeps her iPod cranked to dangerous levels, hoping to distract herself. Then she meets Damon and falls irrevocably in love eith him Etc

Just read it and ull LOVE IT

• 6 years ago

I like rectangles

• 10 years ago

Perfect chemistry and the sequel rules of attraction. I swear it's like the best book ever and if you go to 4shared.com and type in the name then you can read it free online

Source(s): :D hope this helped
  • 10 years ago

~The Immortals by Alyson Noel (the romance is a bit like twilight but there's no vampires and werewolfs)

~Angelfire by Cortney Allison Moulton (a girl discovers that the monsters in her dreams are real, the girl, continuously reborn as a warrior to fight those monsters)

~Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (a girl finds out she's a modern-day helen of troy , she falls for a boy which could provoke a new Trogan war)

~Soul Screamer Series by Rachel Vincent (Kaylee Cavanaugh wants to be a normal schoolgirl but she possesses a strange power. She doesn't see dead people, but she can sense when somebody nearby is about to die)

~The Abandon Trilogy by Meg Cabot (Pierce knows what happens to us when we die. That's how she met the mysterious stranger who's made returning to normal life—or at least life as she knew it before the accident—next to impossible.)

~The Maze Runner by James Dashner (a boy wakes up to find himself in an elevator. He doesn’t remember anything but his name, he finds out that he’s in a maze, and that every 30 days a new boy is put in the maze, nobody knows how to get out, until a girl comes along and may have some answers)

~Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (Nora Grey, a normal teenage girl with an unknown connection to the Nephilim, and super-alluring bad boy, Patch, now her neighbour in biology class. Together they find themselves at the centre of a centuries-old feud between a fallen angel and a Nephilim…)~Delirium by Lauren Oliver (a girl lives in a world where Love is a disease, at 18 she will have the cure to it and never have to worry about it ever again, but soon before her 18th birthday she falls in love)

~The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter (It's always been just Kate and her mom—and her mother is dying. Then she meets Henry. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld—and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.)

~Percy Jackson & The Olympians by Rick Riordan (i'm sure you've heard of this but if you haven't : a boy finds out he's half god, half human, with his friends he's keep given the hassle of saving the world)

~The Wolves Of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater (Grace has been watching the wolves outside her home every winter. She is drawn to one in particular that has stunning yellow eyes, and she's certain that it is the same wolf who saved her from a pack of wolves who attacked her when she was a young girl.)

~Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (dark forces are gathering. Terrorist attacks, murders, strife, poverty. Three angels are sent to earth to help and go against darkness. Bethany the least experienced of the three, created a mere seventeen years ago, she is also the most connected to the human race.)

~The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (it's complicated, but basically, these kids, shadowhunters fight demons ... lots of romance ..., REALLY GOOD!!)

~The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (probably hard to miss this one, but in case you have, each year a boy and girl are each chosen from 12 districts, they're placed in an arena where they must fight to death)

~Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber(The mansion on top of Benson Hill has stood empty for years. But one day it seems to be occupied, and its mysterious, handsome inhabitant Alexander Sterling becomes the source of much talk around town. Raven, a vampire-obsessed Goth-girl who has always considered herself an outsider in "Dullsville," is determined to uncover the truth surrounding the secretive Alexander.)

~Ripple by Mandy Hubbard (Lexi is cursed with a dark secret.She is a siren - a deadly mermaid destined to lure men to their watery deaths. After accidently drowning her boyfriend, Lexi shuts herself off from the world, vowing to protect the ones she loves. But she soon finds herself caught between a new boy at school)

~Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (After two years on the run, best friends Rose, half-human/half-vampire, and Lissa, a mortal vampire princess, are caught and returned to St. Vladimir's Academy)

~Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine (Michael Glass has a problem staying in his own home. The problem--he has odd hours and exists only at night but in the daytime he vanishes. No one knows where he goes.)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.