Is the gap in age in our relationship too large?

Okay soo...she's going to be 14 next week and I'm going to be 17 on September 11th. We've both talked about it and we both believe that "age is just a number". We've been together for only about 2 weeks. I've known her for a little over a month but we really like each other. We're already using "love" because I've never felt like this before....I've had "crushes" but this one is different. She says the same. We've gone as far as making out but no further. I've told her many times if she feels uncomfortable to TELL ME. We are both virgins, too.

I guess what I'm getting around to is: Is it okay for us to be this far apart in age to date? I don't care what other people think (all her friends like me and are okay with it) but I'm concerned about the future, when I graduate high school and go to college when she still has 2 years of high school left.

Oh and her mom is just fine with us dating but her dad is pretty protective. He's not allowing her to go on "car dates" until she's 15.

Best Answer

3 years age difference is nothing. You guys are still young so you have nothing to worry about. Don''t think about the future because it always changes. You guys may not be together, you may not be. That's the reality of relationships.

Crushes are crushes, but I think the use of the term 'love' is a bit premature, especially so young. There is a fine difference between love and infatuation, which i think is a common error in young couples. If you do love each other, then by all means. It's important to distinguish between the two.

Aside from that, enjoy the time you have together now. :)

Source(s): Been there, done that.

If it was the girl asking it i was answer differently, but you obviously care about her and want her for more than just a physical relation and to take advantage of her; i would say your on the MAXIMUM. man 14 and 18 would be to great. my girlfriends 18 and im 20 and i think thats a good gap.

The gaps not too large, but she's too young. What you're doing is technically illegal. At least it is where I live. Wait until she's 16 before your relationship goes any further or you could get in a lot of trouble.

I've had loads of friends who have dated older people

yeah it's fine man. you seem like a good guy who knows how to treat the bitchez