hide my number in cellphone not working ...its sim or phone option?

i have tried a option in my mobile (samsung corby) hide my number....it was working previosly but now its not working i donno wats wrong ???

i checked the settings and its marked in Hide.......

is the hide option depends on sim or phone ?? anyways can i enable this option ??

pls get some idea .....

hiya...Thanz if its phone ,,,y its not working all of a sudden ...it has a option 1. by network2. send 3. hide and its marked in hide even after saving the option again its showing my number??

Favorite Answer

Sometimes when you switch the phone off & on this reset it to the network default which is "DISPLAY"

assuming you have saved it correctly and not backed out try calling a mobile after saving

The gsmcode is *31# number no spaces eg *31#07890555555 that hides the number so if its NOT working then you have to prefix those numbers *31# but I have never heard of the fault you state suddenly occurring

Source(s): phone guru
  • ?

Regardless of phone or SIM, on GSM mobile networks you can put #31# before the number you dial to hide your number. If you want to hide your number from a specific person you call, put their number in your phone book with #31# at the front.

It's the phone.