promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

hide my number in cellphone not working ...its sim or phone option?

i have tried a option in my mobile (samsung corby) hide my number....it was working previosly but now its not working i donno wats wrong ???

i checked the settings and its marked in Hide.......

is the hide option depends on sim or phone ?? anyways can i enable this option ??

pls get some idea .....

Update:

hiya...Thanz if its phone ,,,y its not working all of a sudden ...it has a option 1. by network2. send 3. hide and its marked in hide even after saving the option again its showing my number??

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sometimes when you switch the phone off & on this reset it to the network default which is "DISPLAY"

assuming you have saved it correctly and not backed out try calling a mobile after saving

The gsmcode is *31# number no spaces eg *31#07890555555 that hides the number so if its NOT working then you have to prefix those numbers *31# but I have never heard of the fault you state suddenly occurring

Source(s): phone guru
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Regardless of phone or SIM, on GSM mobile networks you can put #31# before the number you dial to hide your number. If you want to hide your number from a specific person you call, put their number in your phone book with #31# at the front.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It's the phone.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.