Kyle J asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 9 years ago

How much English is spoken in Hong Kong?

was thing about a trip to hong kong next spring & was just wondering how much english is spoken in hong kong?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

One of Hong Kong's official languages is English. English is spoken in most places that tourists go to. I go to Hong Kong every year for Chinese New Year and I've never had any problems with my inability to speak Cantonese. I've always been able to function quite well with either English or Mandarin. Signs are bilingual, the public transportation system is bilingual and maps are bilingual. You'll be fine.

• 4 years ago

Today, such a lot individuals in Hong Kong speaks English or can comprehend. No have to fear above all you are a Chinese. I'm certain you can be trained and undertake Chinese language very with no trouble.

• 9 years ago

Not much, just usually Cantonese. However, if you speak English some people will understand. Good luck and I hope you don't get lost. Bring an English to Cantonese dictionary just in case.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Some people know English very well, but the main language there is Cantonese

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

many hongkongese have to attend basic English classes after they moved to English speaking countries.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.