Isn't It Funny How Elvis Is Considered the "King of Rock" Even Though He Didn't Write His Own Music?

He didn't write, produce, conceptualize-- do ANYTHING to contribute to the creation of his music. All that was done by blacks. He merely was the one who presented it to the audience.

To me, that's not good enough to be considered the "Greatest of the Great" and to have this title that is so honorable. Wtf. It's almost like everything was based on his looks and "charming appeal". Ironically during his later career he even weighed like a whopping 260 pounds and couldn't even move on stage but who talks about that right?

@Arnold; Oh please. I don't need random QUOTES to justify your answer.

If so, perhaps you should take this one into consideration.

"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it Chuck Berry" - John Lennon

@Steelers; Michael Jackson never lip-synced in his prime. All of his Bad Tour was live singing PLUS immense dance choreography. Don't kid yourself. Nobody could dance/sing at the same time like MJ did, not even Elvis.

@Arnold; Does it ever occur to you those people could be idolizing Elvis for the wrong reasons? He's white and handsome, and everybody is treating him like a god.. ofcourse they would feel obligated to say those kinds of things. But TALENT wise? That man had no talent.

Best Answer

no one could have said it any better than Arnold Layne did. My hat is off to him. And if it was not for Elvis, the black man's music would never have made it onto the white radio at the time. So give credit where it is due. Elvis was he King and always will be the King whether you agree with it or not.

take care

dave

• nelly

"Greatest of the Great" and to have this title that is so honorable. Wtf. It's almost like everything was based on his looks and "charming appeal". Ironically during his later career he even weighed like a whopping 260 pounds and couldn't even move on stage but who talks about that right?

Little respect if you please .

Yes Elvis died, but the voice and the royal beauty are immortal for ever.

In him at the end of its life, Elvis had many kilograms, but the obesity it is the other thing, Elvis was not obese and he has never made plastic surgery, he has his beautiful smile two months even before his death.

16 August in 1977: Elvis Presley Dead. His last one

http://anonymousradioshow.files.wordpress.com/2008...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkWMB3YKp4U

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/quotes-michael-j...

Elvis not racist

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/spotlight_elvis_not_ra...

In my opinion Elvis Presley is The King of Rock & Roll

You know Bob Dylan, John Lennon, Robert Plant, Freddie Mercury, Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash, BB King, George Harrison, David Bowie, Joe Strummer, and many others were all huge fans of Elvis.

And he did to conceptualize his music, He reinvented a lot of prexisting songs to fit the context of Rock & Roll which to me is just as Creative as writing the songs (Hendrix and Clapton did a lot of covers?). He released many famous songs all over the world, he inspired hundreds if not thousands of artists, and whether you like it or not everyone has taken something from Elvis.

You don't know what your talking about Black musicians were very greatful for Elvis.

Right out of Little Richard's mouth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05hS9TDPiHw

Youtube thumbnail

Your little rant really flaunts your ignorance just so you know. It's very likely no one ever made ot to the level of adoration as Elvis or well at least not a solo artist and most certainley no one from the first generation of Rockers.

Source(s): @ If you want to take jabs at least Elvis didn't rely on lip syncing and specialized shoes like Michael Jackson had to. Whom btw only wrote 30% of his own catlalog, and a lot of Thriller was composed by Rod Temperton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIWlWA1YTBw

Youtube thumbnail

I like him because he could sing, not because he was white, I'm not a racist, or because he was handsome, I'm straight.

"Describe Elvis Presley? He was the greatest who ever was, is or ever will be."

-Chuck Berry

"Elvis was God-given, there's no other explanation. A Messiah comes around every few thousand years, and Elvis was it this time."

-Little Richard

"Without Elvis, none of us could have made it."-Buddy Holly

“A lot of people have accused Elvis of stealing the black man’s music, when in fact, almost every black solo entertainer copied his stage mannerisms from Elvis.”

-Jackie Wilson

“I wasn’t just a fan, I was his brother. He said I was good and I said he was good; we never argued about that. Elvis was a hard worker, dedicated, and God loved him. Last time I saw him was at Graceland. We sang Old Blind Barnabus together, a gospel song. I love him and hope to see him in heaven. There’ll never be another like that soul brother."

-James Brown

"I remember Elvis as a young man hanging around the Sun Studios. Even then, I knew this kid had a tremendous talent. He was a dynamic young boy. His phraseology, his way of looking at a song, was as unique as Sinatra's. I was a tremendous fan, and had Elvis lived, there would have been no end to his inventiveness."-B.B. King

"Nothing really affected me until I heard Elvis. If there hadn't been an Elvis, there wouldn't have been a Beatles."-John Lennon

• lol ikr? i think MJ should be considered as the God of Music lol considering he did not only record and write just pop songs

woah woah wait a minute "steelers". i respect your opinion but all im saying is that there were MANYYYY other celebrities who had fame like elvis. Michael Jackson of course. how many celebs do u know who die and have his whole life commemorated for months and months? and his life is still being celebrated. im not even saying it because im a loyal fan of his either. that really has nothing to do with it. im not arguing by the way. im really just trying to make a point here.

even beyonce. she has a big career and huge effect on her audience as well. elvis is NOT the only one who has or will either. and it makes me laugh how u say michael wore electric shoes. wow. thats a low, unnecessary, and ridiculous blow to make.

oh and by the way. i never took anything from elvis because ill respectfully and most importantly of all, MATURELY say that im not a fan of his at all.

i think u should so some research steelers. michael wrote A LOT of his music. a lot of it wasnt even released. he wrote roughly 60-100 songs for each of the albums we worked on as a solo artist.

and also, rod temperton wrote thriller. so wut? every artist doesnt need to write every single successful song do they? all that matters is that he wasnt artificial.

his voice made up for all of that and then more

btw elvis really hated to be called the king

Its rock and roll and not in my book there is so much better than him but people in pop just like to give titles to people way too fast

it's kinda how music has always worked, most of it is just manufactured.

Wow, I couldn't have said this better myself.