Is this rocky mountain spotted fever?

I got a weird bug bite on my leg last week...or at least what I thought was a bug bite. It didn't really itch or hurt to much...just had a weird indent in the middle. Then this Sunday..about a week after the bite I randomly was struck with a really bad headache and fever of 99 to 101. The headache, muscle aches, and fever lasted all day and all night. The next morning i was still in pain but had no fever. Later on that second day i found a rash on my wrist, underarms, and inner thighs. I thought at first that maybe it was a heat rash from my fever...so I ignored it.

The next day I noticed it was getting a little worse and spreading a little. My fever still had been gone and only seemed to last that one day. So I Googled my symptoms and found that Rocky Mountain Spotted fever fit my symptoms almost to the "T" . Sudden headache and fever, followed by muscle aches and finally a rash. I then went to the doctors that night and they told me it was a virus and that it should be gone in 2 days.

I then come home and find that my rash hasn't gone away and it is day 2. Should I be worried and should I go back to the doctors suggesting the possibility of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever?

Has anyone ever had this and know if these symptoms sound right?

Favorite Answer

You should go back to the Doctor and ask for a blood test right away! I just finished the antibiotic doxycycline for 14 days 100mgs twice a day. Everyone doesn't always have the same symptoms. I wasn't given treatment until 30 days after the tick bite. You sometimes have to be pushy with the Doctors. Only you know how you feel and this internet IS very helpful. Rocky Mountain spotted fever may not be as rare as you think. Sometimes the test may not show up positive in the early onset of symptoms. Good luck to you.

How long grow to be the tick on the dogs? grow to be it decrease than 24 hours (decrease threat for an infection if the tick grow to be chanced on appropriate away)? Do you reside in a community the place rocky mountain observed fever is common (Southeastern usa)? Take your dogs to the vet and ask her all your questions with regard to the affliction. The vet can placed the dogs on doxycycline that's an antibiotic used to tackle tick borne ailments. ETA: Your vet won't want to look ahead to try outcomes if she thinks it relatively is probable that the dogs grow to be uncovered. it relatively is ignored by employing blood tests if the chew grow to be decrease than a week in the past.

While RMSF might fit the symptoms, it isn't very common. It is only spread by ticks, so its only a possibility if you had a tick bite. If your symptoms are still present tomorrow, then you should go back to the doctor, regardless of what you think it is. You can suggest RMSF to the doctor, but trust their judgment.