Canada-Ontario Student Loan - enforceable without signature?

I was accepted into the Repayment Assistance program several years ago. Last year, they split my integrated loan in two, telling me that the Federal Portion (a good 2/3rds of my loan) was going to be paid off by grants due to my being disabled with financial hardship. As a part of it, they gave me a Revision of... show more I was accepted into the Repayment Assistance program several years ago. Last year, they split my integrated loan in two, telling me that the Federal Portion (a good 2/3rds of my loan) was going to be paid off by grants due to my being disabled with financial hardship. As a part of it, they gave me a Revision of Terms (which I signed) for the original loan account with my new principle being smaller. They never sent or otherwise asked me to sign an agreement for this second loan for the split, despite several phone calls where I offered.

Now I am receiving notices of arrears for the second loan they split off. Currently, I am being told that this is due to system maintenance and I am to disregard these notices. However, between these notices and other issues with the National Student Loan Service, I know they make mistakes and you pay for the error.

Since they rarely sue, just garnish your taxes refunds and wages because they're government and can work with CCRA, I don't think I'd ever truly get a day in court over the issue if pursued. Can they make me pay back this second loan for which I never signed an agreement? Can they garnish my taxes and wages without an agreement?
Update: But, in contract law, if the first offer is accepted, then a counter offer is given and accepted, can you then go back and say "well, no, I liked the first offer better?" To use bw022's example, if you buy my car for $5000, then I come back and say "You're paying too much, how about $4000?" can I go back and say... show more But, in contract law, if the first offer is accepted, then a counter offer is given and accepted, can you then go back and say "well, no, I liked the first offer better?" To use bw022's example, if you buy my car for $5000, then I come back and say "You're paying too much, how about $4000?" can I go back and say "You know, actually I think $5000 would be much nicer..."

That's what's happened: I never expected to not pay back my loans and I signed an original agreement to pay back everything plus interest. They came to me and offered a Revision of Terms, reducing it to only a 1/3rd of the original amount, plus interest. I don't dispute that I took the money, nor had I ever asked or intended to not pay it back. However, what fool wouldn't take the offer? Besides, I actually did it under threat: if you don't sign, they write you off as having defaulted even if you have been paying or otherwise making arrangements!

As for the second loan, what's the benefit? They did it to pay off the f
Update 2: As for the second loan, what's the benefit? They did it to pay off the first, not me. If I have to pay off the second loan, then I received no benefit. Actually, I am worse off: I liked having one loan, one account to keep track of, one cheque to write. I would have never split the damned thing, creating more... show more As for the second loan, what's the benefit? They did it to pay off the first, not me. If I have to pay off the second loan, then I received no benefit. Actually, I am worse off: I liked having one loan, one account to keep track of, one cheque to write. I would have never split the damned thing, creating more paperwork for the same money (actually, it might even be more than the original)