Do u believe in the saying "mates before dates" ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The way i see it is boys come and go and friend good friends are hard to come by

• Frank
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

it depends on if the 'mates' are in real trouble like if they are in a life threatening situation yes sure mates. But otherwise if you said you would be at a cafe for a date at a particular time and then said you can't make it because your friend was having an emotional 'crisis' that is pretty bad form.

• 10 years ago

If your mates are true friends, then they will be incredibly supportive in letting you have your shot at romantic happiness ie. by going on a date instead of meeting with them for that one evening :) being in close partnership with the opposite sex is a wonderful thing, but you must be careful not to become fully absorbed in your love life, oblivious to the needs and problems of other friends who may need your support. Every now and then a girls night out is essential! (Or lads nights out if you are a guy)

Source(s): I had a friend who essentially ditched me and our circle of friends for her boyfriend.. it felt rubbish :(
  • 10 years ago

sometimes it depends with every situation

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Who ever was there first.

• 10 years ago

It's whoever you care more about

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

ur stupid......ii believe in the saying "women are stupid."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.