I need help thinking of a movie title! its killing me!?

its set in england/ireland and its about a mother and a son. and she has been writing him letters pretending to be the boy's father while he is away "at sea" however the father actually passed away. well its come time for the father to come home since the boy has been tracking the letters and she has... show more its set in england/ireland and its about a mother and a son. and she has been writing him letters pretending to be the boy's father while he is away "at sea" however the father actually passed away. well its come time for the father to come home since the boy has been tracking the letters and she has to pay a man to pretend to be the boys father.

i think thats all i can remember other than the fact that its predictable in the fact that the mother and the "father" end up falling for each other.

thanks!! ive been thinking about this for over a year now!