citi bank's Forward credit card offered $100 if I purchase an Air ticket within 3 months of opening, right?

I opened the Foward credit card account with citi bank about a month ago. Just because they had really good offers. One of the rewards was that i will receive a $100 credit if i buy an air ticket within 3 months of opening the account. They advertised it! It was on their website, and thats where i applied for the card. Now that $100 reward is not on their ad for the forward card anymore. and recently, i asked them if there is any requirement on the air ticket to receive the reward. like minimum price of the ticket. and they tell me that i am not solicited to receive $100 credit after making an air ticket. They want me to send a copy of the document that made that offer. I don't have it since everything was online. They are cheating!!!! Who else saw that offer?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Here is a link to that offer

http://citi.bridgetrack.com/usc/citiforward/YAdult...

Some bits and pieces from that page ..

$100 statement credit upon your first ticket purchase with the Citi Forward card within the first 3 months of account opening.1

1 The $100 statement credit is only for new Citi Forward cardmember approved through this offer. If you purchase an airline ticket from a travel agent or direct from the airlines within the first three months you are a cardmember, you will receive a $100 statement credit on the same statement as the purchase of the ticket. Your account must be open and current to receive the credit.

2 CITI FORWARD CARD REWARD PROGRAM INFORMATION

Citi® ThankYou Rewards is offered to certain cardmembers ("you") at the sole discretion of Citibank, N.A. ("we"), the issuer of your card account ("Card Account"). ThankYou Rewards or any portion thereof may be revised or terminated with 30 days’ prior written notice. Any revisions may affect your ability to use the ThankYou Points you have already accumulated...........

When they sent you the card there should have been an insert in with the card that outlined the rewards program, if you had qualified for it.

A creditor can change the rewards that they offer but if you had qualified for that particular reward when you were approved for the card then they would have had to notify you in writing within 30 days of their termination of that reward offer.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.