Thomas asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 years ago

Why Does Everyone Love 'Fargo' So Much?

It's a good film, but it is incredibly bland compared to 'Miller's Crossing', 'The Man Who Wasn't There', 'Burn After Reading', and 'A Serious Man'. It lacks pungent wit, a sufficiently byzantine plot, and it has a sickening dose of sentimentality (not to mention moral absolutism). In short, it is far from the Coen Brothers' best, and I want to know why the majority of people think otherwise.

• UA
    Favorite Answer

I personally think it is over-rated, there are so many better movies out there which deserve a higher rating.

• Ari

I thought it was a pretty enjoyable, original, and fun crime drama. What I loved most was Frances McDormand. You never have really seen a pregnant, coffee drinking female cop have you? Of course, not everyone can like a film. You simply did not enjoy it. But I thought it was spectacular - and keeping in tone with the Coen Brothers' style of situations we do not want to be in in rural American landscapes.

It is 'lite' that's why!! Lite in a sense Coke Lite. No bullshit just a simple quirky humor well paced movie. Btw not everyone likes it, such as u.

Great Dialog!