promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I Hate FACEBOOK!!! Im SO Upset :(?

So recently my mums uncle passed away and we were so upset. On facebook his grandchild was on chat and I wanted to say my condolences so I said Im sorry for your loss.

The thing is the poor kid didn't know his grandad passed away as he was away in Spain and heard the news from me and he said he just didnt want to talk right now. I feel soooo bad. I told him his mum propably didnt tell him because he's in Spain and now his holiday is ruined and its all my fault.

I feel so guilty and I know his parents and family will blame me for telling him but I just wanted to show my sympathy - I couldntve guessed he was on holiday!!! I feel sooo bad for this kid because he is soo innocent and lovely (he is 15 years old).

He is always going to remember me as the person who told him I just feel sooo terrible!!!

Update:

I hate facebook because of websites like that information gets passed around really quickly I just hate the fact that I was on facebook the same time as him its just not fair he shouldve heard it from HIS parents when he was around a SUPPORTIVE family but the poor kid is all alone on holiday when he was SUPPOSED TO BE HAVING A GOOD TIME NOW HIS HOLIDAY IS RUINED AND ITS ALL MY ******* FAULT COZ HIS PARENTS DIDNT INTEND FOR HIM TO KNOW SO HE WOULD HAVE A GOOD TIME WITHOUT BEING UPSET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update 2:

WASTI PIKAZA - ARE U AWARE OF THE CRAP THATS COMING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH? I DIDNT PLAY WITH THE KIDS EMOTIONS TO GET POPULARITY. THE GUY IS PART OF MY FAMILY AND I WANTED TO PASS MY CONDOLENCES - HOW WAS I TO KNOW THE KID HAD NO IDEA ABOUT HIS GRANDADS DEATH? I WANTED TO LET HIM KNOW THAT HE IS SUPPORTED BY HIS FAMILY AND THAT I FEEL HIS PAIN AS MY MUM HAS LOST AN UNCLE AND IT IS HARD FOR ME TO SEE HER CRYING - WE WERE ALL UPSET BY THIS TRAGIC LOSS

11 Answers

Relevance
  • A F
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not your fault but it is not facebook's fault either convenient scapegoat that it is. The site is a service. The problems come with how people use the service. You were not aware that he didn't know yet. It might have been more diplomatic to ask "heard from your folks lately?" or something like that. So you would have an idea if he knew. But you did not have any way of knowing they would not have told him right away. Not telling him was the family's decision but since they should have known he was still in touch w/ people at home they should have warned you all that they did not want him to know. They were probably upset and just not thinking as anyone might be. We had a similar thing happen in our family about 3 months ago. My husband's step dad died. No one told his grandson even tho this grandfather raised him. He was a little older but still no one told him till finally someone in the family messaged him thru facebook. He was upset of course about his grandpa but he said he was very glad that someone did let him know. He understood those who did not were trying to protect him but he was more upset that he was not told right away than he was that he learned about it the way he did.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Wait, why do you hate Facebook for all of this? You made the mistake of telling the grandchild that his grandad had passed away - yet Facebook is to blame?

And anyways, don't be so hard on yourself. You had no idea he didn't know, and that his parents hadn't told him yet. They don't blame you, don't worry. If you still feel bad, email them saying how sorry you are for bringing bad news to him during their holiday, and that you had no idea. Also send your condolences. But seriously, it's not your fault, don't worry.

• 9 years ago

There is nothing you can do now. Just tell him and his family that you are sorry and you did not mean for him to find out that way. Your right you could not have known, its not your fault it was just an accident. Just apologize as sincerely as you can and move on. He will move on as well, its not easy loosing a grandfather but it does get better with time.

• 9 years ago

he will always remember you as that person who cared enough to speak to him. don't beat yourself up. his parents should have flew him back if it was that important. obviously it wasn't. for all you know the kid is still pulling out a horns from last weeks bull run. he is 15, take a step back, he doesn't hate you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Well you didn't do it to purposely ruin his holiday.

Besides death happens and regardless of where you are you would like to know if a loved one has passed away.

He might be more upset if nobody had told him.

• 9 years ago

don't feel terrible .. you didnt know .. and if anyone gives you grief over it that is just what you say .. it is NOT your fault they didnt tell him ..you did the right thing by giving your condolences

• 9 years ago

Don't feel bad. This isn't your fault. How would you have known that he was on vacation? I know you feel guilty right now, but remind yourself this isn't your fault. Don't be so hard on yourself.

• 9 years ago

Go rant on your live journal. You don't have a question on here, and no one gives a flying f*** about your problems.

Also, he'll forgive you. It's really not that big of a deal. Stop being a drama queen.

• 9 years ago

That's a pretty cruel thing to do, playing with a child's emotions to get popularity. I just hope you realise what a demon you are.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

If you hate Facebook, don't go to the website.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.