Why do all Female Singers sound the Same now?

A Friend of mine once told me that Whitney Houston started a Trend for white girls wanting to sound like a Black Power Soul Singer. He might not be correct, but he has a good point. Christina Aguilera, Sugarbabes, ***** Cat Dolls, Lady Ga Ga, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, Adele, Girls... show more A Friend of mine once told me that Whitney Houston started a Trend for white girls wanting to sound like a Black Power Soul Singer.

He might not be correct, but he has a good point. Christina Aguilera, Sugarbabes, ***** Cat Dolls, Lady Ga Ga, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, Adele, Girls Aloud, etc. These are a few examples of those that somehow all seem to sing the same way, with the same techniques.

I can't help but look back, & Notice so many Iconic Female Vocalists who had a Sound all of their own.
Dionne Warwick, Judith Durham, Nancy Sinatra, Karen Carpenter, Rita Hayworth, Patsy Cline, etc.

And the ones that do have a Voice of their own today, are never really appreciated. Not unless they Sing in 'that' God awful Power House Shriek & Shout way. Am I the only one who can't stand these female singers?
I think the last time we had an original singer was Dido, or that Girl from Evanescence!
I put it down to the X-Factor. The moment they hear something different on that show, they get all uncomfortable & show them the Door. It's all about slotting into a Previous singer's shoes, & making money.
But Music is an Art, not a Business. Surely?

Is there any one of you that Craves something different?