Why do all Female Singers sound the Same now?

A Friend of mine once told me that Whitney Houston started a Trend for white girls wanting to sound like a Black Power Soul Singer.

He might not be correct, but he has a good point. Christina Aguilera, Sugarbabes, ***** Cat Dolls, Lady Ga Ga, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, Adele, Girls Aloud, etc. These are a few examples of those that somehow all seem to sing the same way, with the same techniques.

I can't help but look back, & Notice so many Iconic Female Vocalists who had a Sound all of their own.

Dionne Warwick, Judith Durham, Nancy Sinatra, Karen Carpenter, Rita Hayworth, Patsy Cline, etc.

And the ones that do have a Voice of their own today, are never really appreciated. Not unless they Sing in 'that' God awful Power House Shriek & Shout way. Am I the only one who can't stand these female singers?

I think the last time we had an original singer was Dido, or that Girl from Evanescence!

I put it down to the X-Factor. The moment they hear something different on that show, they get all uncomfortable & show them the Door. It's all about slotting into a Previous singer's shoes, & making money.

But Music is an Art, not a Business. Surely?

Is there any one of you that Craves something different?

Favorite Answer

I think you have got a very good point now days so many female's have the same singing vocals or techniques. i think thats just because that is what our generation has adapted to and got used to. i dont always like it either but what can you say? I think they just don't get that singing takes passion, time, and strenght. All they care about is looking good and being famous but they dont understand that they are no diffrent and unusual then anyone else in this world.

The band that i love so much and is most unique to me is "Within Temptaion" and "Nightwish" they are what you call "unique" and "talented" They are a rock band but not like any other they add sopranp(opera) and a little bit of classical into it and that sounds beautiful. they are almost like evanescence. try listening to them and tell me what you think.

I too have noticed this annoyance in recent years. Just this morning I was listening to Abigail Washburn

and thought I was listening to the voice of Pink. There have been a few other female singers that sing in Pink's style, though I don't know their names. I can think of several reasons why - money - as others have stated. It's a business, especially if your listening sources are from the radio or podcast. Aping. How many of us growing up, have grabbed a hairbrush to sing along with one of our favourite singers. You're going to sing much like those you sing along with. Each generation has their style of singing. Listen to women singers of the late 30's and 40's and many of them sound alike, with an Andrew Sister's style of voice. We don't sing like that anymore, and it would be quite a challenge to emulate that sound today as much of it has to do with how we speak aloud. Even the spoken language is copied from those we find entertaining or interesting and our peers. Money is the number one reason though, as what is sold over the airways has to be a sure thing to those that invest in such business. Just look at the movies being made in the past ten to twenty years as many are remakes of older movies or you'll see more than one movie with the same general plot or type. You'll even see them copying each others graphics when it comes to the movie credits. Boring, but a win-win for the current entertainment industry that does not want to take a chance on a failure, so we get the same slog in the trough.

When I was looking into learning how to sing, improving my voice and vocal depth, I found something of great help. Learn here https://tr.im/gazua

by following the program, I have noticed major differences in my singing ability, and I have learned how to hit notes I never would have previously imagined. I've always been part of my church choir, and every else also notices the improvements. I found that with this, as anything else, consistency and perserverence are key. Practice makes perfect. But having some great professional help along the way certainly doesn't hurt! Anyhoo, take care!

It s called the Feist effect. They want subtle no talent women to mold to a ukelele and a 5 piece band of Jewish hipsters. It s made for starbucks compilations. Look up Feist if you don t know who she is, there were a handful of women before her with a similar style but I noticed 10 years ago when she hit the scene suddenly all these imbeciles imitate that and it s going strong unfortunately for those that love music.

• Norma

Music is no longer an art, it is a business. Music had not changed in the last 20 years. It is boring. Music now is all about gimmicks and personality. Singers are drowned out by the keyboard. Most of today's singers couldn't make the first cut on American Idol.

You are definitely right.

But that pretty much just goes for the most popular singers of our time.

Go listen to indy bands/ artists like feist, ellie goulding, pomplamoose, snow patrol, esperanza spalding.

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if you keep listening in this genre more often (if this is what you are interested in) you might find it better.

• Carl

1

Source(s): Improve Your Voice http://SingingLessons.fastsolut.info/?lzQx

if it makes money its a Business , to go with auto tune music gettin boring !

YES YOU ARE RIGHT

Music is an Art, not a Business

BUT REMEMBER ONE THING

I AM A BOY AND I AM PROUD TO BE A GAY c(:

cause ppl like that sound