What is the deal with spiders and showers?

I really don't mind spiders so much, they eat bugs that do bother me like flies and mosquitoes. If I spot one chillin in its web high up in the corner of a room in my house I will usually let it live as long as it stays in its corner and eats bugs like it is supposed to. Sometimes I will even give them names... show more I really don't mind spiders so much, they eat bugs that do bother me like flies and mosquitoes. If I spot one chillin in its web high up in the corner of a room in my house I will usually let it live as long as it stays in its corner and eats bugs like it is supposed to. Sometimes I will even give them names and refer to them as pets though I never buy them spider toys or take them to the beach.The minute one approaches to say hello up close and personal I will send it to spider heaven or hell, depending on what kind of life it has led up to that point.

I don't like them hanging out in my shower though. I don't like them watching me while I'm all naked, soapy and defenseless and in this house a sure fire way for a spider to meet its spider god well before its time is for me to see it as I'm getting into the shower.

I just don't trust them, I am sure they will attack the moment I have my hair all soaped up and am waiting the required one minute, as directed on the shampoo bottle, before rinsing and repeating.

Is this normal or am I a paranoid murderer of innocent spiders?