2007 Chevy Tahoe Strange Problem?

This is a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ with about 35,000 miles. The car hasn't had any problems (at least not dramatic) in the past. It starts just fine except its battery has failed more than I've wanted it to requiring us to jump start it a lot. Ever since I don't know when this has been happening... when the... show more This is a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ with about 35,000 miles. The car hasn't had any problems (at least not dramatic) in the past. It starts just fine except its battery has failed more than I've wanted it to requiring us to jump start it a lot. Ever since I don't know when this has been happening... when the car is in the ON position (without it being started), you start to hear this LOUD, strange chirping / grinding noise coming from the rear of the car. It only happens the first time you put it on ON until you turn it off and it only happens when the car is on the ON position before cranking the car to start it. I don't think this has ever happened with the car started. If it has, I must have not heard it but this seems hard to miss.

Here is a video of my car making the noise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFqOCo381...

Does any one know what this could be? Thanks!

4 answers