LaLa
LaLa asked in HealthDental · 9 years ago

Having severe tooth pain, need a root canal on it.?

So i have an appointement set for a root canal. The dentist put a temporary filling and an antibiotic. But, the tooth is starting to severly hurt again. the dentist knows about the pain. I called the dentist and got no answer. Im going to florida in a couple days and dont know what to do in case i start to get pain.

Favorite Answer

I Really feel for you, I had the exact same problem.

It got so bad that I had to swish cold water around it ever 4 seconds or so!

Worst pain in my life.

I ended up going to a retired Russian dentist who removed the temporary filling in his basement bathroom and simply filled it with cotton and told me not to chew anything until the appointment. He told me that the root canal was inflaming and the temporary thing wasn't giving it any room.

The numbing cream they sell in CVS helped a little, but it wasn't enough for me. I couldn't stand still

Good Luck

It can be normal, you may need to be on an antibiotic. Anytime when having a root canal either first time or second if it had abscessed then you had it sealed up by finishing the root canal you can trap bacteria at the tip of the root causing pain. Because it has no place to go. Antibiotics will help with the pain. I would call your dentist and try that before you seriously consider having it pulled, you have done a lot to try and save it, I would definitely check into other options.