Allie P asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

Really good hair products I should use? (Sorry for the long description)?

DESCRIPTION OF MY HAIR: My hair is shoulder length and in between medium brown and dark brown.. If you know what I mean. I have copper-ish highlights (natural) and lots of layers. Oh and it is SO THICK!!!

Do you guys know any type of product that would work for my hair? Any suggestions work ;)

I am also trying to grow it out. Does anything help for that too?

~Please do not say different hair style because I love my haircut and I will not change it!

~I also don't want hair products that are really expensive. Please try to make it either from a drugstore maybe? Idk if that would work? Sorry I am asking for so much guys as you can probably tell I never really did much with my hair!

Sorry that was really long (and probably boring) but I hope I made sence enough that you could understand what I was trying to say lol

Favorite Answer

your description was not tht long! my descriptions are usually super long lol its good to put alot of information so people know exactly what your talking about and you get your right answer :) its funny because we have like the same hair! and ive been trying so hard to grow it out and ive done alot of research on it so i know alot that will help!

LONG HAIR:

massage jojoba oil in your hair once a week for 10 min then leave it in for 10 more min and wash it out with cold water and then you could shampoo and condition like u usually would

i asked a question on my yahoo answers account about growing it out and this girl said to drink 1 1/2 table spoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water everyday and she said it worked for her so u could definitely try tht, my mom however said that its not gonna work and its just gonna make me sick so she wouldnt let me :( but when i told me friend about this she also laughed and said it would just make me sick but she told me that her hairdresser told her to pour vinegar on her hair before she shampoos so she suggested i do that so you can also do that.

after you get out of the shower put on a leave in conditioner on the ends of your hair so they dont get dry and break off but since you want a product for your whole hair feel free to put it all over so all your hair has extra moisture so ya buy a leave in conditioner! i think its best if you go to a drugstore and read all the leave in conditioners and see which one has the perfect description for what your looking for

get shampoos and conditioners with vitamins A,B,C and E and minerals like zinc and iron i suggest mineral fusion shampoo and conditioner. it claims to be sold in whole foods however i tried looking for these products yesterday and i couldnt find it anywhere even in any drug stores i looked at so definitely dont stress if u cant find them! they have alot of shampoos and conditioners that are meant for growing hair but since your also looking for one thats good for your hair type you dont have to get one that makes your hair easier to grow basically what they do is just make your hair stronger. so anyway brands i suggest are herbel essence (i suggest hello hydration), tresseme, man n tail (horse shampoo claims to make your hair grow but dont worry it is used for human hair too), organix (im sure if you read the descriptions on these youll find a perfect one but i suggest the coconut one it makes your hair super shiny and frizz free)

ok thers a bunch more stuff i no to grow hair but i know your just looking for products so ill start telling you more products that dont have to do with growing hair but that will make your hair perfect

anti frizz product definitely!!! like i said go to a drugstore read the descriptions pick what you think is best i personally prefer garnier fructis anti humidity smoothing milk it works great and it smells awesome but in the summer i switch it to fruitopia sleek & shine anti frizz serum becuz it has UV rays that protect my hair from sun but ya this product works fine for me but i think you can find a better one that has UV protection and stil keeps the frizz away.

since your hair is super thick it probably gets tangled alot so i suggest you buy a detangler u dont have to buy a super expensive one actually i use one thats meant for little kids and it works awesome and smells great i use suave kids detangling spray

hairspray!! it makes your hair soft not crunchy and keeps your style in place. i suggest aussie sprunch catch the wave. but tresseme works great too.

smoothing cream! so your locks stay smooth i suggest aveeno gel cream, i really wanted it but i couldnt find it anywhere so dont stress they have a bunch of great products for making hair soft and shiny that probably work better jst read descriptions! so i use natural formula moist and shine hair cream it works great :)

hair silkener, this is not needed but i love to use got 2 be hair silkener cuz it makes my hair smell super good like fresh flowers and it truly does silken hair and the bottle looks really cool

so ya thats about it this sould really help hope everything works great good luck with the hair!

Source(s): all those magazines ive read, yahoo answers

I use John Frieda full repair shampoo and conditioner, its $5.97 at walmart. I had a coupon that made it only $.97 tho! I also use Aussie 3 minute miracle once a week. I have also used herbal essence hello hydration, and tousle me softly. The hello hydration is a light blue and tousle me softly is purple. The tousle me softly is supposed to make your hair easier to curl. It didn't do that for me, but it made my hair ridiculously soft and it grew like crazy!

There is also some stuff called Silk Drops, made by Regis. Its almost $11 a bottle, but I have had my bottle for almost a year now. That is a product you put in your hair after the shower. I have also heard good things about the John Frieda Frizz ease serum, but I haven't personally tried it.

It also seems to help my hair if I change my products up every month or whenever I run out. I hardly ever use the same product for more then a month.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions you can email me.

Well I'm a boy but I consider on us boys, short hair is always better. Long hair doesn't CONSTANTLY show a sign of dominance. You see most other guys with lengthy hair that doesn't look like these people can fight. For example there is actually a boy in my school with very long blonde hair.

Washing less often, builds the natural oil your hair needs, to get them smoother, shinier, silkier, softer. Man-made products are just temporary, until you wash them again, and at the same time washing off the natural oil your hair NEEDS. Hair products just absorb on your hair if they're dry, like a sponge. Washing them less, makes your highlights LAST longer.

Buy shampoos formulated for dyed hair. Condition. There are no best products, because they say anything to make a buck! In Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa where we're staying in Ireland, they have hotel shampoos bottled together as Body Wash & Shampoo in one. Why not, they are meant to clean. Their body lotion buttery serum, are meant for body AND hair. These products are sold in their spas for much more than over the counter $15 a bottle, and they contain natural ingredients. It did my hair like I used cheap over the counter brands, but the more you use them, the greasier my hair got.

If you've straightened your hair in the past, it may grow slowly or none at all.

Google: "Foods for Healthy Hair" - Your hair may be the fastest-growing tissue in the body but, unlike the skin, it cannot repair itself. That is why getting the right balance of vitamins and proteins is imperative. Don't expect to look like you've stepped out of a hair commercial the day after you've changed your diet. It is likely to take at least three months before you actually see tangible results.

Growing healthy hair doesn't come from a bottle or pills and hair products do not speed hair growth. Any hair oil, is another form to keep hair moisturized, nothing more. If you're in HS, your hair & nails should be growing normally, and as healthily as possible, since you're eating healthy foods. But when hair isn't growing as fast, it's because they've been tampered with: chemicals, hair straightening, etc. . .

Cutting your split ends yourself, spend 5-10 mins. on a sunny day so you can easily spot them, using a 2" scissors, cut strand by strand, section by section, allowing new growth to take over. Then 2x a year, get a good hair cut. This won't speed things up, but it will make the hair look healthier while it's growing. Even healthy hair like mine get them, due to normal brushing & styling.

Best answer comes from people with Avatars, showing their healthy shiny, soft, silky, smooth hair.

Sources:

I know hair. I have over 4 decades of hair know-how. I have silky, shiny, soft, smooth very healthy hair down to my knees, started growing them in 2003. Previously damaged by perming & dyeing in the 80's & 90's. I've known people in their 30's whose hair stopped growing from ironing their hair in the 70's.

first of all that is by far not the longest description i've ever read,

i'm not too sure what your wanting to do are you wanting to keep the colour of your hair bright? keep it in good condition so no split ends while you grow it, stop it getting greasy fast?

i would recommend any of the tresemme collection , which isn't that dear it keeps hairglossy shiny and locks in moisture reducing dead hair cells, you can tke vintamins to boost healthy hair andnails but i personally don't know if they work i think the best thing if you want long hair is time

good luck

• I would NEVER use drug store stuff on my hair. Its filled with so much crap! Go to sally beauty supply and get the GVP products and have an associate there help you out. It costs the same as drugstore crap.

I prefer hair which is shoulder length or longer, And also since that men who like women are more often then not right, they like long hair because this looks more feminine, as most men have short hair.

Well since you want one from a drug store I would definately say Panteen. It is proven to be the best drug store brand for hair. Just read the bottle and find the one that is for your hair type.

I use Aussie, its not that expensive and makes your hair smell really nice! Its normally on offer in superdrug. I have thick hair too, and i find it really tames it.