Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 9 years ago

Would you hire an event/wedding planner?

If you were planning a huge event or wedding would you..?

Favorite Answer

Yes because there is more involved than just the money. One of my father's favorite things to say is "Time is money and stress is ALWAYS expensive." So let's look at it this way- You work 40+ hours a week or more and so does your fiance. Your parents are also working full time as are the friends that would be helping you. So in order to call venues, caterers, photographers, etc you have to take time out of your work day or use your lunch hour. To visit every location you would consider, you have to take time off work. Many locations have events already scheduled on weekends, so you aren't able to get into many of them on weekends. Instead of having weekends to relax and recuperate for the work week, you have to spend time planning, finding vendors, assembling invites, favors, etc. Then on the day of the event, you have to make sure things are set up correctly, everything is where it needs to be and that things go smoothly. Is that really what you want to be worrying about on your wedding day? If you're not getting married in your current home town, which is my situation, it becomes even more challenging. There are a wide range of planners out there with just as wide a range of pricing. Many offer "Day of" services and various packages. Yes, some are very pricey, but there are many that are very reasonable. A good friend of mine that is getting married here has hired a planner just for "Day of" services and 12 hours of planning assistance. Her total cost for the event planner is under $250. We are paying more for our planner, but she is also having to do a lot more leg work. Since we are several states away, she has gone to over 10 venues and sent us pictures so we could choose, did tastings at several different bakeries and caterers and a plethora of other things. She also coordinated a 3 day trip for myself and my future mother in law to be able to go to the top 3 caterers, bakers and florists to make the final selections. For my part of the trip that meant coordinating times with flights, a hotel, picking me up from and taking me to the airport and a million other small things. If I was planning a wedding here, I probably would just hire someone for day of services, but with the distance involved, having a planner has saved my sanity and honestly has saved us money. We didn't put down deposits on anything only to discover that it wouldn't work, which I have heard horror stories of, or waste time and money on a trip to meet with people that couldn't do what we wanted at the price we could afford.

• Ruthie

More than likely no. I've been a waitress at a banquet facility for 4 years. I'm pretty comfortable with the elements and know what needs to be done. Plus a very dear friend of mine loves weddings and has a folder in her computer of all the things i want for my wedding. She's practically got it all planned...all i need to really do is find a groom! She would have very hurt feelings if I went with a planner.

• L

If it was going to a very large wedding, and I wanted a very large venue with certain specifications, then yes. Purely because I don't think I'd be able to pull it off myself. However, in reality, probably not because it would cost a lot of money. I think I'd like to have my full personal involvement in the wedding, because afterall, it is your own special day, and I'd want to have it exactly how myself and partner would want it. On the day as well, whilst you're already buzzed up, it would be an even greater buzz to know you've organised everything for all your guests.

There are lots of wedding magazines that give you check lists and top tips to help you organise your wedding, so there's plenty self help guides out there.

If I were planning a huge event or a wedding, I would definitely higher someone to do the planning for me. Huge parties are a pain to plan and execute!

yes.it makes sense if its a huge event - who here,as someone who has only planned 1 or 2 weddings,could have planned the Royal Wedding?i actually do need a wedding planner because im having a DW - it will be easier to co-ordinate with someone at the location than try to do it all myself

• If I have lots of money for hire event/wedding planner so, y not........ but Dear I have no more leadger money for Planner as waste...I can manage event very well in a budget.... :)

Source(s): Its wasteage of money to hire planner :)

Me, no.

I have been planning parties for quite some time. Through my experience I have learned that being organized is the key to a successful party along with timing the food service. I would not hire someone to do what I can do myself. I am no control freak, but I have learned that if you want something important to you done right and the way you want it, you have to do it yourself. Because I am capable, I would not hire anyone to plan my event for me.

No I want it to be my wedding one I Planned

probably fish for ideas for my wedding but I prefer to hands on it so I can get exactly the I want things to be..It would be cool though if I have friends who would help me out for suggestions as well.

mm yes: just cause they had experiences and know what theyre doing

and no: because it should be based on what your dream wedding should be and how you wanted it to be like.

depends on how you look at it.

congratulations!